Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know I'm advancing in years and getting forgetful, but can't remember how I got the compass display to appear on the map when in non-navigation mode. It's now there all the time and I'd like to switch it off in order to make the map bigger. I went through the manual yesterday but couldn't find it, nor on the on-screen menus.

Anyone put me out of my misery please :)

·
Super Moderator
7,904 Posts
not seen the compass on a screen, can you post an image so we can understand better?

only thing that springs to mind is down the left side of the nav screen you have some icons, 2nd one down changes the map view, it has 3-4 settings you cycle through each time you touch the icon

·
Registered
725 Posts
There is the compass display in the screen to the rhs of the speedo if you switch to the nav screen display there when no navigation is set.....?

not seen the compass on a screen, can you post an image so we can understand better?

only thing that springs to mind is down the left side of the nav screen you have some icons, 2nd one down changes the map view, it has 3-4 settings you cycle through each time you touch the icon

·
Registered
776 Posts
This is one of the options on the right side of the TFT display. When nav is off it displays a compass, when nav is on and a route is active it shows turn by turn details.
You can switch it off by pushing the option button on the left upper side of the right steering handle . Pressing it subsequently shows different options. Turn by turn nav (bowed arrow on top) is one of them. When nav is not active a compass is shown. You have to play around an hour or so to get familiar with them.

" Always work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

·
Registered
776 Posts
Here is a picture with on top the notification No destination. Everybody has to learn sometime Bluecar1 ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Looks like this bluecar1...

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
As a long in the tooth luddite and ex small boat sailor, with a mistrust and aversion for sat navs, I infinitely prefer a map, but a compass as well, yummy.;)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Eureka, its under the screen button down under left with 4 horizontal lines. When you click it select highway turns info. The compass ,( in fact a driving direction) appears if no destination is known.

So 2 compasses in one car Hyundai? Looks like 2 captains on one ship. My advice; keep your eyes on the road guys ! A heading is useless if you dont know where you are.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eureka, its under the screen button down under left with 4 horizontal lines. When you click it select highway turns info. The compass ,( in fact a driving direction) appears if no destination is known.

So 2 compasses in one car Hyundai? Looks like 2 captains on one ship. My advice; keep your eyes on the road guys ! A heading is useless if you dont know where you are.
Thanks Rene!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've sussed out why the Ioniq has Lane Keep assist, autonomous braking, Intelligent cruise control.....it's because we spend so much time looking at all the dials and whistles and bells going on that we forget to look at the road!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts

8 months later and I am still discovering new things about my car (thanks in a large part to this forum!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts