Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'll start by saying I'm fairly new to this forum and I am finding it extremely helpful since I am also new to owning an Ioniq 5 SEL (2022).

That said, although I think it is great that people are sharing the new feature ideas in this forum, the forum itself is not affiliated (as far as I know) with Hyundai. Therefore, we can discuss "cool" new ideas all day long, but the ideas won't go much further than the writing on this site.

Does anyone know how to contact Hyundai directly with feature ideas and even safety concerns?

Specifically, I am fairly concerned about the fact that on the I5 the current speed is displayed on the left side of the display, somewhat behind the steering wheel. It should be displayed directly in the center where it is unobstructed. Seems like it would be extremely easy to add a Display page with the option to position it there (center). As far as I am concerned, this is a safety issue. Having to move around trying to see the speed is a distraction from watching the road.

I know this issue has been discussed in this forum elsewhere, but someone needs to echo the concern to someone who can actually fix it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
This isn't the first car to not have a current speed displayed in the centre and it won't be the last. All of the world wide safety governing bodies are comfortable with this. But you could always raise it with Hyundai customer service, if it bothers you so much.

·
Registered
Ultimate | Lucid Blue
415 Posts
I would prefer the indicator in the center myself, however I can still see it clearly through my wheel. I can also display it on the other screen anyway if I have the map view up.

As for communicating with Hyundai, good luck with that.

I've found them to be very slow in responding to emails and the few issues I did submit were eventually responded to with typical generic corporatespeak for "thanks, we'll take it under advisement, stop bothering us."

·
Registered
200 Posts
This is probably a good question to ask of the good folks at the [email protected] email address. They do respond.

EDIT: I'd suggest asking for the appropriate communication channel for feature requests, not this specific request, since this is a USA-only address, not Hyundai corporate in S Korea.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited
83 Posts
Heads up display FTW.

When we were shopping for our Limited edition I5, I kept thinking:

"Heads up display? How stupid. Who needs that?"

For day-to-day driving, however, it turns out that I really appreciate this feature.

Without taking my eyes off the road, I know:
  • Current driving speed
  • Posted speed limit
  • If anyone is in my blindspots
If I have the Nav running, I also know:
  • Direction of next turn
  • Name of the street I am turning on
  • Distance to turn

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For anyone interested, I reached out to Hyundai with regard to feature requests and this was their reply:

“Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. is our resource for vehicle design, technology and engineering. Since Hyundai has this in-house resource, we have decided not to use unsolicited ideas or inventions.”

Given that, there seems to be little reason to discuss new feature idea in this forum unless you’re just interested in throwing ideas around for fun. Clearly they won’t go any further that this site.

Bummer!

·
Registered
200 Posts
For anyone interested, I reached out to Hyundai with regard to feature requests and this was their reply:

“Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. is our resource for vehicle design, technology and engineering. Since Hyundai has this in-house resource, we have decided not to use unsolicited ideas or inventions.”

Given that, there seems to be little reason to discuss new feature idea in this forum unless you’re just interested in throwing ideas around for fun. Clearly they won’t go any further that this site.

Bummer!
As a retired Product Manager, I find this pretty sad. Listening to the customers was a huge part of my career. And was a significant part of the reason why the technology company I worked for was so successful. It doesn't make me feel comfortable as a customer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As a retired Product Manager, I find this pretty sad. Listening to the customers was a huge part of my career. And was a significant part of the reason why the technology company I worked for was so successful. It doesn't make me feel comfortable as a customer.
I completely agree. I’ve been in the software business for over two decades. I’ve been a PM for ten of those years. Without my customer feedback I would not be able to have a product that has endured over 40 years of unbelievable success.

·
Registered
2020 model 38kw Ioniq electric
164 Posts
So I'll start by saying I'm fairly new to this forum and I am finding it extremely helpful since I am also new to owning an Ioniq 5 SEL (2022).

That said, although I think it is great that people are sharing the new feature ideas in this forum, the forum itself is not affiliated (as far as I know) with Hyundai. Therefore, we can discuss "cool" new ideas all day long, but the ideas won't go much further than the writing on this site.

Does anyone know how to contact Hyundai directly with feature ideas and even safety concerns?

Specifically, I am fairly concerned about the fact that on the I5 the current speed is displayed on the left side of the display, somewhat behind the steering wheel. It should be displayed directly in the center where it is unobstructed. Seems like it would be extremely easy to add a Display page with the option to position it there (center). As far as I am concerned, this is a safety issue. Having to move around trying to see the speed is a distraction from watching the road.

I know this issue has been discussed in this forum elsewhere, but someone needs to echo the concern to someone who can actually fix it.
Unfortunately Hyundai don't seem to monitor there forums at all. There is some threads discussing major defects that they are either totally unaware of or just sticking there heads in the sand. There is even one thread that people are rallying together a law suit for car replacement or money back for a fault that Hyundai just aren't interested in solving. The reality of the situation is companies like Tesla and Lucid are serious about making EVs And do listen to what people say, the big car manufacturers only make EVs because of climate change mandates and don't seem to be able to make a profit on EVs so they aren't interested in peoples gripes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts