Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I hope we're all staying safe and sane at the moment, due to the pandemic and working from home I've not really had the chance to drive my Ioniq any distance over the last 8-10 weeks...however I've noticed a strange "issue" when I do drive with the fact I cannot seem to get warm air through the heating vents into the cabin. If I have the temp. set to anything above 18 degrees C. I still seem to get 'cold' air. I've tried messing with all of the options on the heating controls (2020 Ioniq Hybrid) but no joy.

Anyone have any tips on this? I guess the car would need to warm up to a degree first, but I may also have not selected the best combination of settings. Certainly my previous car (Nissan Qashqui) seemed to provide warmer air much quicker.

Any advice kindly taken :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Use the heated seats from the off. Observing temperature display will show how long it takes engine to reach working temperature so obviously heater takes a long time to produce much in the way of heat.
Anyway, you won't be needing heater this week

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone,

I hope we're all staying safe and sane at the moment, due to the pandemic and working from home I've not really had the chance to drive my Ioniq any distance over the last 8-10 weeks...however I've noticed a strange "issue" when I do drive with the fact I cannot seem to get warm air through the heating vents into the cabin. If I have the temp. set to anything above 18 degrees C. I still seem to get 'cold' air. I've tried messing with all of the options on the heating controls (2020 Ioniq Hybrid) but no joy.

Anyone have any tips on this? I guess the car would need to warm up to a degree first, but I may also have not selected the best combination of settings. Certainly my previous car (Nissan Qashqui) seemed to provide warmer air much quicker.

Any advice kindly taken :)
I've experienced this even when the car / engine is warm ... I wonder where/how they sense the cabin temperature?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
For me, the manual settings are so frustrating that I've never even tried auto. Setting the temp to above ambient with a warm engine results in warm air for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got the car, and in cold (32~35F) temps it seems the heater doesn't really heat up all that well, recycling or not the air, unlike my regular cars. Now that it's hot the A/C works well though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts