Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My manual is full of dash photos showing type a or type b. What determines which cluster is in what model?

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Let me know if you work that one out ;) . The only major difference I've noticed between the two is that it seems Type A has a traditional antenna and Type B has a shark's fin antenna . So I assume we're driving type B , in the UK at least

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
the type A uses the smaller 4.2" lcd display, (in the UK on the base level SE model)

the type B uses the 7" LCD (in the UK this is on the premium and premium SE)

easiest way to tell as far as I know the Type A has a std speedo, the type B has a speedo that is blank when the car is turned off as it is a LCD

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm curious as to why you'd want to
Currently my cluster has some problems with the lighting, in the agency they can change it, however I asked if it was possible to change it for type A (looks a little better) but I have not received an answer

·
Registered
274 Posts
Currently my cluster has some problems with the lighting, in the agency they can change it, however I asked if it was possible to change it for type A (looks a little better) but I have not received an answer
I've never seen type A, can only find images of type B online. How does A differ to B other than size?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've never seen type A, can only find images of type B online. How does A differ to B other than size?
this looks similar but i don't sure if the connections are the same and the technical service on CR is too bad
you can see the type A here

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
this looks similar but i don't sure if the connections are the same and the technical service on CR is too bad
you can see the type A here
I was expecting type A to be radically different given that a post above said that it was the 4" version, not sure that's the case now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts