Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

After 1000 km driving with my ioniq hybrid im getting "HEV check hybrid system" error sometimes when i start the car with cold engine. It has happened three times so far. I get error alert Check hybrid system and after that Turn off engine and i see HEV alert light. After i turn off and on again, everything seems to be ok again. Oh and i noticed that petrol engine tries to start like three times before the error. It seems to happen when in the mornings if theres like 2-3 C temperature outside.

I'll try to make a picture next time this happens.

Anybody had this kind of problems?

Sry for my english i tryed to explane as good as i can.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Nothing reported on here that I've seen . Best have your dealer to look into it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I visited car dealer today and they say it's known software bug and they are waiting for patch from hyundai and will contact me asap. Their own testdrive car has the same problem :p Only workaround atm is to apply accelerator pedal while starting the car if the problem accures and restart wont work.

Problem only accures when there's low temperature <+3 C and motor is cold.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Is this a generic software bug. If so we all can expect similar problems when its getting cold outside.:-(

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
I've not had that problem and it's been near or below freezing around here since I've owned the Ioniq

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I visited car dealer today and they say it's known software bug and they are waiting for patch from hyundai and will contact me asap. Their own testdrive car has the same problem :p Only workaround atm is to apply accelerator pedal while starting the car if the problem accures and restart wont work.

Problem only accures when there's low temperature <+3 C and motor is cold.
not convinced of the explanation, been below 3 deg here loads of times over winter and not seen that issue, and none of the Norwegian etc member have seen it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe it's related to specific firmware version (or car release version or smthng). unfortunately I did not get any detailed information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have engine firmware patched and no problems so far. Engine starts with no problems eveyday now. It took 2 weeks to get patch from hyundai tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts