Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i just purchased a 2020 ioniq, and after less than 1000 miles and in a routine drive i got the " check hybrid system" alarm that went away after I parked, but then turned into "check hybrid system, stop and turn off the car". Was towed to the dealer's workshop amd has been ther waiting frona diagnostic for three days now without diagnostic. I've found some meesagges in the dorum with similar simptoms that the problme was solved after exchanging some o-rings or even the whole electric motor, but those are from 2017-2018. I wonder if Nyone here knows if the problem persits in newer models, or if someone has seen anything similar whilst driving the newer models
Cheers
JP

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue. Also from your country. They said at the dealer that issues with IONIQ are uncommon. My car behaved while on the diagnostic. I believe they have to run the scan whilst the sign is on, but the damn thing turns off when you turn the car off, and there is no telling when it will turn on again. It ussually happens to me at nights... ?

Please let me know if there is any progress...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Just got a call form the dealer... it is apparently a software bug and they are working on a update to the software, it seems someone from Korea is coming to install the upgrade in the next few days... I'll keep you posted of whatever news happen, I would recommend you to contact your dealer and alert them of this situation and that the engineers from the plant are coming next week so they can upgrade your car too... also, they recommend not to move the car until the upgrade is applied

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi JuanPa,

I have a 2020 Ioniq as well, just hit 1800 KM and the Check Hybrid engine appeared on my car as well.

I stopped the car, started again and the message re-appeared after 2 minutes.

I stopped the car, put it in sport mode and drove for around 20 minutes. I put it back in Eco mode and the message never appeared again.

I will check tomorrow and see.

Please let me know on the software upgrade, if it solves the issue, what version it is, etc.

In case i need to go to the dealer to let them know. My town is pretty small so the mechanics here might not know.

Thank you

·
Read Only
766 Posts
Hi, Just got a call form the dealer... it is apparently a software bug and they are working on a update to the software, it seems someone from Korea is coming to install the upgrade in the next few days... I'll keep you posted of whatever news happen, I would recommend you to contact your dealer and alert them of this situation and that the engineers from the plant are coming next week so they can upgrade your car too... also, they recommend not to move the car until the upgrade is applied
That just sounds bogus to me. Why can't they send the software "fix" over the Internet to the dealers? Like Microsoft does. If you have Blue Link they should be able to send it directly to your Ioniq!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I agree, I don't see microsoft engineers flying to all offices applying emergency patches to computers every now and then ? but we don't have Blue Link here... and it appears to be a problem for new models so the factory probably wants to train people on how to apply the patch... wishful thinking at this stage really

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i just purchased a 2020 ioniq, and after less than 1000 miles and in a routine drive i got the " check hybrid system" alarm that went away after I parked, but then turned into "check hybrid system, stop and turn off the car". Was towed to the dealer's workshop amd has been ther waiting frona diagnostic for three days now without diagnostic. I've found some meesagges in the dorum with similar simptoms that the problme was solved after exchanging some o-rings or even the whole electric motor, but those are from 2017-2018. I wonder if Nyone here knows if the problem persits in newer models, or if someone has seen anything similar whilst driving the newer models
Cheers
JP View attachment 31043 View attachment 31044
Juanpa, soy de Guadalajara
The same thing happened to me, and i just have it with 300+ miles, just right now, that's how i found this forum, tomorrow i will go to the dealer in Av. Patria just to see if they are able to help me.

sad to know that this is happening to a lot of people, yet, glad to know i am not the only one...

Keep us posted, i will do so on my behalf.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue here!!, Also from Mexico, (Mexico City) Day 1, only 100km(62 miles) , the light turned on then when i turned off the car, it dissapeared, Today (Day 3), only 162 km, it turned on again but this time it turned off after a couple of minutes.... I'll Go to the dealer today and update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok... I went to the dealer's workshop on saturday... they told me that they were planning to do the upgrade today, but that they were recalling all the new models for such upgrade... if your dealer does not recognize this, ask them to call the dealer in Queretaro for further details...
good luck, I am still hoping to get my car today!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi...
I have just checked and the new software and firmware versions are these

For anyone' reference... Car still runs ok, but i will be somewhat cautious for the next few 1000's km... Sad... Buy true

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same problem with the 2020 model. I took it for review but nothing appears. The car is still running normally and the message has not reappeared. I have not found any solution to this problem. Please, if anyone knows anything else, say so. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me having the same problem (Ioniq Hybrid 2020, 380 km). At the dealer/service, after connecting the laptop to the car, they said it was a simple error, something like “ecu-media communication problem”. It didn’t repeat in 10 days, for now. Hope it will never appear again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok... I went to the dealer's workshop on saturday... they told me that they were planning to do the upgrade today, but that they were recalling all the new models for such upgrade... if your dealer does not recognize this, ask them to call the dealer in Queretaro for further details...
good luck, I am still hoping to get my car today!
Same issue here!!, Also from Mexico, (Mexico City) Day 1, only 100km(62 miles) , the light turned on then when i turned off the car, it dissapeared, Today (Day 3), only 162 km, it turned on again but this time it turned off after a couple of minutes.... I'll Go to the dealer today and update.
Hi there, same problem with 1,300 km 2020 limited in México city, right now my ioniq is at the dealer waiting for the diagnosis, hope to be the software update problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, same with me. I live in Israel, new car, 1 month on road

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Odometer

Went to service, they told me that they update the software, but after the update fuel consumption became worse. Before it was 21-22 km/L, after it is 17-18 km/L... Very sad..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, same problem with 1,300 km 2020 limited in México city, right now my ioniq is at the dealer waiting for the diagnosis, hope to be the software update problem.
View attachment 31361
Update Dec 13, 2019

Hyundai Satélite told me the software was updated and the Ioniq was working ok (monday) next day driving to office, the intermitent beep sound for some seconds with no visual alert, nothing in the board to understand what was happenning. Same warnings three days more, so disappointed again. Hyundai Satélite, see you tomorrow again, #WTF

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi guys, same with me. I live in Israel, new car, 1 month on road

View attachment 31362

Went to service, they told me that they update the software, but after the update fuel consumption became worse. Before it was 21-22 km/L, after it is 17-18 km/L... Very sad..
That is interesting Valery83 because some UK drivers on another forum have reported a similar deterioration in fuel economy after the software update but they were attributing it to the cold weather and their greater heater use here in the UK. Obviously that will not apply in Israel where hopefully is far warmer than here in Scotland. ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
In Mexico we have to report to Hyundai in 01800hyundai, because I have the same problem, and Hyundai said me than They don't have any another case, I have a report number. Hyundai said me the forums in internet are robots, and I need some real names.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.