Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that someone found an outside cabinet to protect his Home Charging Station against the Canadian winter. $ 580 at Heavy Duty it's really too expensive

·
Registered
167 Posts
"Est-ce que quelqu'un a trouvé un cabinet extérieur pour protéger sa station de recharge à domicile contre l'hiver canadien. 580 $ chez Heavy Duty c'est vraiment trop cher " ?????

Pourriez-vous expliquer ce que vous voulez dire? Je suis confus

·
Super Moderator
8,172 Posts
is it me or are these cabinets excessively expensive as people are thinking niche market lets treble the price?

are there any std external cabinets for other electrical items that could be used (I assume the expensive ones you still need to drill / cut out for the cables and fixings?)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I completely agree with you. I think suppliers are exaggerating and taking advantage of this new market. A simple metal cabinet would do the job. Who wants to start a business?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Do I need any protection if it's inside my garage?
No. Even if your garage is not insulated the boxes really are only to protected from direct sunlight, snow and rain. But if your charger is rated for outdoor use then it's optional to get a cover/case to help extend it's like a little longer.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Do I need any protection if it's inside my garage?
No protection from the elements is required but you want to take into consideration traffic flow. You don't want someone trip over the charge cable or knock the unit off while carrying some large pieced of stuff into the garage.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
No protection from the elements is required but you want to take into consideration traffic flow. You don't want someone trip over the charge cable or knock the unit off while carrying some large pieced of stuff into the garage.
Also consider a location that shortens cable runs - both from the mains to the box and from the box to the car.

Reactions: nateads
1 - 11 of 11 Posts