Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the nearby charging stations on the Ioniq LCD screen updated? Will this list update on its own or is it updated when the satnav is updated?

·
Super Moderator
8,213 Posts
most POI (points of interest) in the nav unit are out of date by 1-2 years and only updated when then unit gets a map / firmware update

this is why most EV drivers use one of the apps for finding charge point

on the plus side most of the charge points on the map will be there, but there will be a lot not on the map as they have been installed after the ma data used was produced

·
Registered
776 Posts
How are the nearby charging stations on the Ioniq LCD screen updated? Will this list update on its own or is it updated when the satnav is updated?
EV Charging points in every country of the world can be found at

https://poiplaza.com/

POI's can be imported as personal POI in your satnav. Use the Garmin GPX or Google KML format to place them on your usb stick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
most POI (points of interest) in the nav unit are out of date by 1-2 years and only updated when then unit gets a map / firmware update

this is why most EV drivers use one of the apps for finding charge point

on the plus side most of the charge points on the map will be there, but there will be a lot not on the map as they have been installed after the ma data used was produced
Hi everyone,
I also use App for EV charge stations, PlugShare , very well updated

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can confirm that charge points are well out of date. Just picked up brand new Ioniq and my nearest local charge point, installed a year ago, is not listed. I'll rely on Zapmap on my phone to find chargers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm new to ev's, and notice that tesla stations show up on the installed GPS. We can't use Tesla stations right? Why do they come up on Hyundai's list of locations?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai IONIQ Electric Premium
783 Posts
Some testing done here on the Tesla chargers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, just because the gps in the car says there is a charging station, it doesn't mean I can use it. Good to know.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai IONIQ Electric Premium
783 Posts
So, just because the gps in the car says there is a charging station, it doesn't mean I can use it. Good to know.
Better also use the apps to look for stations if needed. Often you can filter by connector type (regular or fastcharger). Some apps like Plugshare also are filled in by users adding missing stations and updating stations. Comments from users can also be added and help you get a view about the reliability and recent users.

Checked in here yesterday for a quick stop, https://www.plugshare.com/location/116548

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is from ZAPMAP (never tried it myself though) Tesla Network - charging guide & cost

Tesla often installs a non-Tesla specific Type 2 charge point alongside its Destination chargers. These are available for any EV driver to use, providing they have a Type 2 inlet on their car, since the units come with tethered cables.
Works for one I tried today for my 38kw , but only got 2kw , not sure if I should expect 7kw , was on the white badge

Reactions: SleeperPService
1 - 11 of 11 Posts