Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2023 Limited AWD Deep Blue Metallic wrap
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Third thread I've started on scheduled charging; previous two related to difficulties in getting scheduling set up.)

Scheduled charging set up to start at 10 PM, end at 8 AM, target 80%.
Yesterday afternoon after arriving home with 57% charge, connected to charger; car announced "Charging scheduled".
At 3:15 AM today logged into owners.hyundaiusa.com (myHyundai) to check status: 57%, connected, not charging.
Go out to car: connected, lights to right of charge port show 3 levels, no flashing.
Go back inside to myHyundai, click Start Charging.
Via email: "Start Remote Electric Charge was processed and not received because vehicle is unplugged."
Go out to car, get in, push Start button, confirm user=me. Charging starts.
At no time this morning did I touch the charge connector or cable. I conclude that this is entirely a software problem.

· Registered
10 Posts
This is a real frustration I have with this car. I regularly turn on scheduled charging set to prioritize the 12 - 6 AM window, my electric rates are almost 50% lower at this time. It's a complete mystery whether the car will have actually charged when I start it the next morning. I would say it fails at least half the time.

This is with a non-networked Clipper Creek, I wonder if using a "smart" charger that can be programmed to charge at certain times would help. It's got to be the car that's failing to initiate the charge, right? If a dumb charger is plugged in, it should provide power whenever the vehicle calls for it.

· Registered
2023 Limited AWD Deep Blue Metallic wrap
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a real frustration I have with this car. I regularly turn on scheduled charging set to prioritize the 12 - 6 AM window, my electric rates are almost 50% lower at this time. It's a complete mystery whether the car will have actually charged when I start it the next morning. I would say it fails at least half the time.

This is with a non-networked Clipper Creek, I wonder if using a "smart" charger that can be programmed to charge at certain times would help. It's got to be the car that's failing to initiate the charge, right? If a dumb charger is plugged in, it should provide power whenever the vehicle calls for it.
The only hardware explanation I can think of is some kind of intermittence in the charger connection to the car.

After the failure I reported in the OP, it did charge as scheduled for the next three nights. It hasn't been plugged in since then, so there's only that small sample of successes so far. We'll see.

· Registered
110 Posts
Have had the car since June 2022, no software updates. It just did two OTA and had to rebuild all of our profiles.
We use a basic EVSE, 3.8kW ([email protected]) with no auto/smart functions. Have a whole home energy monitor that records direct at power meter.

Reason for the history lesson is that Scheduled Charging had works flawlessly (1030PM to 330PM, scheduled departure at 7AM) until this software update.
Just two days ago, after the update, go to the car that morning to find it had only charged for a few hours (2AM to 7AM) and was below our expected capacity.

There is certainly a software issue they need to resolve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts