Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, what is the most popular charging network to sign up for in Ontario? Municipal and government buildings tends to use Flo and they're free and another is Chargepoint. Can I sign up for both in case? Is there a map app that shows both networks?
Ioniq Nav also shows nearest charging stations, but how can I know whether it's free, level 2/DC etc? Is there a filter?
Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
You should get the app called PlugShare. It lets you see all the chargers, free or otherwise, in the world. It also gives you detailed information on availability, types of charging protocols, photos, and user comments (which often prove a lot more useful than whatever "official information" is available).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Plugshare app is great. I filtered everything except level 2 and ccs. So if I want to use the network I have to sign up for each networks or buy their charge card?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not necessarily. Most ChargePoint stations take credit cards as well. Some stations require an app. But you can probably find enough free or non-networked stations around. Ikea has free level 2 and level 3 charging. Some Longo's have free non-networked charging. And some parking garages have free charging as well.

I'm in Ajax, there are like 6 free charging locations within 10 mins drive. I'm sure you can find lots near where you live. I mean, even out in Muskoka there are 3 free charging locations: Muskoka Natural Foods Market in Bracebridge, a GM dealership in Huntsville, and Deerhurst Resort on the way to Algonquin.

(I drove my Ioniq to Algonquin just last weekend)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts