Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the charging cable didn't release after open the doors, i had to use the emergency system. Anyone had this problem?

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Welcome here! Could you introduce yourself in the New member section?

Usually you have to press the unlock button twice; first it unlocks the car, and then it unlocks the charging cable.

Reactions: Peter

·
Registered
8 Posts
After unlocking the doors only about 5-10 seconds you can pull the connector out, otherwise you have to press the unlock button again. You can faintly hear the buzzing of the locking mechanism.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, on one of my friend’s ioniq EV the charge cable is stucked during charging. Tried the emergency release cable, during moving the t2 plug as well, it does not help.
The problem is that the car cannot start with the cable plugged in and now parking in front of a public charger.

Is there anybody with an idea how to solve it even temporary?
Probably somebody know where is the signal cable located, with engaging that one the car may alllow to put it to D or at least N

·
Registered
95 Posts
Which cable release did you use there are 2
One in the left panel of the boot area under the subwoofer speaker if you have one. This releases the charge door.
There other is under the bottom of the deep plastic bin bin under the boot floor. There is a rectangular plastic cover that you have to open, this is to release a charge cable. Probably needs a good pull.
Otherwise push in the connector before trying to pull it out.
Turn the car off lock the car and unlock. Press the unlock button twice if that doesn't work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which cable release did you use there are 2
One in the left panel of the boot area under the subwoofer speaker if you have one. This releases the charge door.
There other is under the bottom of the deep plastic bin bin under the boot floor. There is a rectangular plastic cover that you have to open, this is to release a charge cable. Probably needs a good pull.
Otherwise push in the connector before trying to pull it out.
Turn the car off lock the car and unlock. Press the unlock button twice if that doesn't work.
It doesn't work that way. Shouldn't this issue be reported and recalled? It happened to me several times now. So frustrating.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Use the bluelink app to press the stop charging button to release the cable it worked for me today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts