Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going on a road trip next week to Skye, Lewis, benbecula and back to Edinburgh. I see most CCS rapids enroute are either not working or status unknown on the Charge Place Scotland site. This is really frustrating as I don’t know if I can rely on any of them or use 22kW units and have to wait up to 4 hrs at some points with ferries to catch! I asked the support team what this meant and got this half answer:

This will normally refer to an APT rapid charger, the charge history from these units
is recorded only as either the AC (type 2) or the DC (chademo/CCS). So the information
we receive from the manufacturer does not allow us to determine the difference between
the Chademo and the CCS. Only that one of the DC cables is working, resulting in the
status ' unkown' .

Sorry for this.

This could turn out to be more of an adventure than I thought. I bought a waterproof 15m extension cable for backup granny charging overnight from our accommodation if they let us.

·
Registered
646 Posts
This problem seems to have been around for more than two years now. It's time for a firmware update on these chargers i guess.
Maybe apps like Zap-Map or Plugshare can help you out with comments from the recent users to tell you if they are reliable (maybe you can test some and leave a note). Have a nice trip.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I think it'll be ok... I'll use the ABC rule and try the Rapids but have 22kW's as backup leaving enough time to get to the ferries. The apps do give some idea if they are working but there are not always recent comments.

The weather forecast doesn’t look great but hey, Scotland.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trip went well, 635 mi using 130kWh of juice @ 4.9 mi/kWh between 9-17C. The weather and charger availability was better than expected. Total cost £4.88 😂

·
Super Moderator
1,781 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,698 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
The trip went well, 635 mi using 130kWh of juice @ 4.9 mi/kWh between 9-17C. The weather and charger availability was better than expected. Total cost £4.88
Of all the charging stations you used were any of them the 'status unknown' ones? Do you know if the reported status has changed since you used them?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, some were and no the didn't change afterwards. CYC/CPS said the unknown status is:

"This will normally refer to an APT rapid charger, the charge history from these units
is recorded only as either the AC (type 2) or the DC (chademo/CCS). So the information
we receive from the manufacturer does not allow us to determine the difference between
the Chademo and the CCS. Only that one of the DC cables is working, resulting in the
status ' unkown' .

sigh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
TMJ
Hyundai IONIQ Forum
A community of Hyundai Ioniq enthusiasts discussing the electric acceleration & reliability of the Hyundai ioniq hybrid.
Full Forum Listing