·
Registered
41 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did mine low beam and hight beam. Left oem right 55w led fanless
can you post a link to the bulbs you used?

did you manage to get the caps on the back of the headlights so they are still watertight?

Chicyan, can you respond to Bluecar's question and post which bulbs you used? I am interested in doing the same mod. Thanks,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same in other parts of Europe.

Did someone replace the whole headlamp cluster with the ones from the LED-equipped cars (maybe from a tail or side crashed car)?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just ordered these: https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Wireless-Headlight-Conversion-Replacement/dp/B08TQKBKLN
They are a direct bulb replacement for the oem halogen bulbs.

Last night I installed these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/H7-LED-H...te-200-Brightness-Replacement-Bulbs/832331719

The light output was NOT 15,000LM per bulb. The image has the LED on the left side.

My recommendation for removing and installing the lights is to use a 3/4 inch PVC coupling, cut grooves in it to align with the tabs on the light retainer and a shallow cutout to fit over the wires to the socket. I used a metal cutting wheel in an angle grinder to cut the slots as well as the wiring cutout. Slide this over the tabs on the light retainer and mark a spot to drill a hole thru the PVC coupling that will allow you to rotate it 45 degrees. I left the drill bit in the PVC for leverage. Removal and installation is extremely easy with this. I'll post a picture of the LASFIT lights when they get installed.
20210214_225115[1].jpg

·
Registered
126 Posts
Brexit 2021 Update
Please note that since January 2021, the MOT Inspection manual has been updated to include LED bulbs.
Section 4.1.4 now states the following:
“Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.”
This is a brand new update that seems to only focus on headlights.
There are no mentions to fail other LED bulbs such as brake lights, tail lights or reversing lights.

Source...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Brexit 2021 Update
Please note that since January 2021, the MOT Inspection manual has been updated to include LED bulbs.
Section 4.1.4 now states the following:
“Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.”
This is a brand new update that seems to only focus on headlights.
There are no mentions to fail other LED bulbs such as brake lights, tail lights or reversing lights.

Source...
We actually don't have a regular test like MOT in Canada. It's not a bad idea. Would definately make vehicles on the road safer. I've seen since obvious death traps driving around. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just installed the low beam headlights with the lasfit LEDs. I'm happy with them, the fit is extremely tight. I needed my homemade tool to even start tightening them. They did tighten the full range (tabs straight up and down). 20210225_203617.jpg

·
Registered
2019 IONIQ HEV Blue Trim | Ceramic White/Charcoal
156 Posts
I just installed the low beam headlights with the lasfit LEDs. I'm happy with them, the fit is extremely tight. I needed my homemade tool to even start tightening them. They did tighten the full range (tabs straight up and down). View attachment 33593
Thanks for posting and also your tool! Good to hear the $30ish version fits per the Amazon specs but the LASFIT site still only lists the $99 Pro-HK5-N version when using vehicle specs which also requires the extended DC1005 dust cap. Looking forward to seeing if you have any longer-term heat issues from the tight fit.
(Please add your approximate location and IONIQ trim to your profile in settings e.g., if you're in Florida, heat issue would pop up sooner than Maine ;) )

21 - 31 of 31 Posts