Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I change the the speedo to display MPH as numbers instead of km, and for that matter how do you change the speedo to km when driving abroad ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That seems bit odd.... I have drilled down through the menus too and not found anything is there a magic combination of buttons to get to an advanced settings menu I wonder.

·
Registered
342 Posts
This is a question that has come up a few times over the past couple of months on this forum, and I really don't understand the concern. Forgive the bitter tone, it's not intended, it just makes me laugh that this has come up again.

The speedometer, even as shown in your picture, shows km/h and mph simultaneously. By commencing the slightest movement of your eye, you can see the digital readout of km/h while maintaining the analog speedometer in mpg (or both digital if you're in sport mode).

I don't think the engineers who programmed the digital dash anticipated people complaining about where and how they can see the speed in both units when they put them both in virtually the same place.

EDIT: in addition, each country most likely has vehicle standards and laws in place that requires the country's standard unit of measurement to be the permanent, primary unit displayed on the speedometer. The fact that Hyundai includes non-standard units of measurement is a nicety, as most manufacturers normally do, but it's most likely not a requirement by law.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the answer for you all. It’s in the sat nav settings. Just change the unit. This is the facelift system, but I’m sure it’s in the previous version.
This just changes the unit of measurement on the nav system, doesn’t impact the speedometer which is what the posted was asking about.

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,294 Posts
This just changes the unit of measurement on the nav system, doesn’t impact the speedometer which is what the posted was asking about.
Note too that with the May 2020 nav update you can have it overlay the current speed on the map display right above the speed limit. Still not exactly what the poster asked for, but may be helpful to some.

Reactions: mralex1986

·
Registered
5 Posts
no that isn’t right - this advice was correct and useful to me-on my car (2020 Hybrid non plug in) changing the nav system units did also indeed change odometer fuel remaining and speedo units on the main dash above the steering wheel.

·
Registered
342 Posts
no that isn’t right - this advice was correct and useful to me-on my car (2020 Hybrid non plug in) changing the nav system units did also indeed change odometer fuel remaining and speedo units on the main dash above the steering wheel.
We've already concluded that this is true for the refreshed Ioniqs (MY2020 and later) and not for the earlier model Ioniqs.

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the answer for you all. It’s in the sat nav settings. Just change the unit. This is the facelift system, but I’m sure it’s in the previous version.
View attachment 32470 View attachment 32470
You're a flipping Genius my man! Bloody manual was about to do my head in but thanks to you got it all sorted on the Go! Thanks a million!!! 😁😁😁

·
Registered
Ioniq 2021 EV
3 Posts
I was searching for ages until I came across this thread.
I can confirm on my 2021 Ioniq Premium 38kWh, changing units of measure in the navigation, changes the units of measure on the speedo display.
Type2 display
go to
NAV
Settings (press the word "SETTINGS")
Display
Information
scroll to the bottom
Distance unit
Select Miles or Km.

Video showing change from Km to Miles

1 - 17 of 17 Posts