Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Shooting Star Limited I5
95 Posts

I didn't know there was a separate CAV toll tag, I already have the Flex one.

Seems like the CAV stickers are primarily just for identification for police officers? If we happen to "forget" to stick them on, but have them in the glove, would it be just a fix it ticket, probably depends on the cop and their mood on what you'll get. As far as toll use, don't think it's verified by a camera, but just the CAV toll tag, so sticker has no use here?

There have been lots of discussions by the Tesla guys on the web regarding this. As far as driving around, I've seen people do it all sorts of ways, only single sticker on the back bumper, or only two stickers, one in front corner and back corner, or just two rear corners.

These stickers are anti-theft/tamper, therefore you only get one go and cannot remove them easily. Since I live in the south bay and hardly use fast trak or tolls, worst case I'll probably use magnet solution to stick on as needed.

Affixing CAV Decals to Your Vehicle
Carefully peel the decals from the backing material and affix them to your vehicle:
  • Large decals: Place one decal on each side of the vehicle, on the rear quarter panels behind the wheel wells, with the state seal pointed up.
How to affix a large CAV decal to your vehicle.

• Small decals: Place on the right and left side of front bumper, with the state seal pointed up.
Affixing a small CAV decal to the front of your vehicle.

Do not attempt to remove or reposition CAV decals after application. Doing so will destroy the decals.

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
124 Posts
Yep, you have to apply on their site and they send you a new toll box thing, even though you have an existing one... I still have mine from my Mach-E, so I will just have to enter the CAV registration number I got with the tags and it should be good to go. So yeah, register on that site as soon as you get your CAV registration.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, Lucid Blue with Gray/White Interior
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I placed at these two spots as below. I'm supposed to put all 4 stickers, but I only put 2. Hopefully, CHP won't give me a ticket.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: yellojello

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
124 Posts
I placed at these two spots as below. I'm supposed to put all 4 stickers, but I only put 2. Hopefully, CHP won't give me a ticket.

View attachment 40718
View attachment 40719
You'll be fine. I have a feeling that they only pull you over if you're speeding because the additional carpool violation adds like $400 to a ticket. Our cars are registered once we have the decals, so that covers you. I wouldn't worry about it, I just put all on mine because I don't mind how it looks, even though it does not make it look good lol

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
602 Posts
I just ordered this A4 magnetic sheet. Ordered this one because it has very strong magnetic force. 90g/cm^2.
So going to slap the stickers on and cut it. Then put on the edge of the trunk and front quarter panel when I need to.

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
124 Posts
I just ordered this A4 magnetic sheet. Ordered this one because it has very strong magnetic force. 90g/cm^2.
So going to slap the stickers on and cut it. Then put on the edge of the trunk and front quarter panel when I need to.
That would make them really easy to steal, though. I don't know if that's a thing people do but the decals are made to deter that. Also, I'm pretty sure the bumpers aren't magnetic so you might want to check where you want to place them first.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That would make them really easy to steal, though. I don't know if that's a thing people do but the decals are made to deter that. Also, I'm pretty sure the bumpers aren't magnetic so you might want to check where you want to place them first.
Correct but unless you're looking you can't tell it's a magnet. Precut ones in Amazon go for $32, and I've heard people say they fly off, that's why I chose this particular one which is super strong magnet. And yes that's why I said I'll put on edge of trunk door, that part is magnetic. I'll only use the sticker when I know I'll be needing to use HOV lane (not very often).

·
Registered
Shooting Star Limited I5
95 Posts
Just FYI. For my Pacifica PHEV, I mailed the app 01/26/22, and received it 03/26/22. For my I5, mailed 03/03/22, check amount deducted from bank 03/30/22 and mailing out same day, received 04/02/22.

I'm assuming there was a backlog since a bunch of end of year 2021 buyers waited to file until 2022. So looks to be about a month or so turnaround time.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
552 Posts
Just FYI. For my Pacifica PHEV, I mailed the app 01/26/22, and received it 03/26/22. For my I5, mailed 03/03/22, check amount deducted from bank 03/30/22 and mailing out same day, received 04/02/22.

I'm assuming there was a backlog since a bunch of end of year 2021 buyers waited to file until 2022. So looks to be about a month or so turnaround time.
I bought mine in late February and the dealer 'took care of it'. With a line item for the $22 fee.

Has anyone else seen longer delays than this recently?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I bought mine in late February and the dealer 'took care of it'. With a line item for the $22 fee.

Has anyone else seen longer delays than this recently?
It only took 3 weeks for me. The form requires you to write down the license plate number, I do not know if the temporary plate number works or not. I bought the car Feb 1 and didn't submit until sometime in March when my plates came. So I don't know how that works if a dealer submits it.

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
124 Posts
It only took 3 weeks for me. The form requires you to write down the license plate number, I do not know if the temporary plate number works or not. I bought the car Feb 1 and didn't submit until sometime in March when my plates came. So I don't know how that works if a dealer submits it.
Temporary plates work. I have done it three times using just temporary registration.

·
Registered
165 Posts
For those who have and are using Clean Air Vehicle (CAV) decal, do you place the stickers on 4 sides (as required)? I have a leased Honday Clarity and placed the stickers as required. However, for Ioniq 5, I'm hesitant (just applied for decals) to place the stickers, but I don't want to get a ticket either.
I never did just one it the front and one in the back four looked crazy

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, Lucid Blue with Gray/White Interior
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I never did just one it the front and one in the back four looked crazy
Yes it does. I only put one each in the front and back, and keep the other two in the glove box.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is where I decided to put them. I'm skeptical about the rear ones because the initial stick of the PPF wasn't great but it was hard to peel off when I tried by hand. This car definitely wasn't made to put decals on! View attachment 40702
View attachment 40701
Curious to know how the rear PFF is holding up on the plastic trim. Just got my stickers as well and I have the Matte finish so wanted to avoid putting that on the paint if possible.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts