Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, Lucid Blue with Gray/White Interior
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have and are using Clean Air Vehicle (CAV) decal, do you place the stickers on 4 sides (as required)? I have a leased Honday Clarity and placed the stickers as required. However, for Ioniq 5, I'm hesitant (just applied for decals) to place the stickers, but I don't want to get a ticket either.

Reactions: chichi99

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
129 Posts
Why are you hesitant? It is a spacing issue?

Edit: I think I see what you mean. I would just put them on the back and front since there is really no "corners" to place a sticker on each side. I highly doubt cops will care, as long as you have two on the back and two on the front.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are you hesitant? It is a spacing issue?

Edit: I think I see what you mean. I would just put them on the back and front since there is really no "corners" to place a sticker on each side. I highly doubt cops will care, as long as you have two on the back and two on the front.
I just don't want to make a beautiful car ugly. ;)

Reactions: CharleyPick

·
Registered
Shooting Star Limited I5
95 Posts
I think since the I5 just arrived to California, and seems like it takes a few months or longer to get the sticker, in addition to waiting for permanent license plate to arrive in order to apply in the first place. I believe none of us have it yet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
coming from a car with all 4 stickers, they are really ugly. I thnk the current ones are yellow. I am going to follow what I see with Tesla drivers, no front plate, and only one sticker on the rear. The stickers I had on my old car are a real pain to remove, nearly impossible. I may use some type of clear wrap under the sticker.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
612 Posts
Are you supposed to put on all four corners? If so that is so dumb. I would think rear passenger corner would be the best spot. That's where I'll put mine. Gotta wait for the DMV to send me my car registration first though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: zamafir

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
129 Posts
Paint protection film is the best way to do it, in my opinion. I used it on two of my other cars for the CAV decals and it worked really well. If I needed to remove the decals, it would be easy but there's not really a reason to remove them because they stay with the car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paint protection film is the best way to do it, in my opinion. I used it on two of my other cars for the CAV decals and it worked really well. If I needed to remove the decals, it would be easy but there's not really a reason to remove them because they stay with the car.
I've never had PPF on any of my cars, but I heard that it costs a few thousands, which is way too much for me.

Reactions: nXt

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
129 Posts
I got my CAV decals last week and already stuck them to some PPF, so they are ready to be applied. I'm contemplating where to put them and was wondering if anyone has already placed them somewhere. Part of my wants to put it on the black moulding in the back but I think it would look a little funny. Maybe I just try the side ones and call it good? If I get pulled over (small chance) all they would do is have me put the other ones on place, again, super small chance of that happening I think.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I got my CAV decals last week and already stuck them to some PPF, so they are ready to be applied. I'm contemplating where to put them and was wondering if anyone has already placed them somewhere. Part of my wants to put it on the black moulding in the back but I think it would look a little funny. Maybe I just try the side ones and call it good? If I get pulled over (small chance) all they would do is have me put the other ones on place, again, super small chance of that happening I think.
How long did it take after you mailed it?

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
129 Posts
How long did it take after you mailed it?
I mailed it 2/1/22 and received them 3/17/22, so about 6-7 weeks. Keep an eye out for when your check gets cashed because they mailed them 1-2 days before it showed up on my account, which happened to be the day I got them - I live in Sacramento.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I mailed it 2/1/22 and received them 3/17/22, so about 6-7 weeks. Keep an eye out for when your check gets cashed because they mailed them 1-2 days before it showed up on my account, which happened to be the day I got them - I live in Sacramento.
Thanks, I mailed mine Feb 28th, so got a couple more weeks.

Did you just buy a square of PPF to put the sticker on so it's easier to remove later on?

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
129 Posts
Thanks, I mailed mine Feb 28th, so got a couple more weeks.

Did you just buy a square of PPF to put the sticker on so it's easier to remove later on?
Exactly. I bought a 12" x 60" roll to do the front of a hood of my other car but you can use any size that fits the decals. If you want to remove it later on, it's much cleaner but it's not as easy to remove and reapply because the decals have special serial numbers that come off when the decals are removed, as a safety feature. It will be fine if it's your own decal but it just looks a little weird. It happened on my last car, which is why I know it exposes the letters after it's removed.

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
129 Posts
Here is where I decided to put them. I'm skeptical about the rear ones because the initial stick of the PPF wasn't great but it was hard to peel off when I tried by hand. This car definitely wasn't made to put decals on!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

·
Registered
612 Posts
Why driver side front? Wouldn't it be better to put on both passenger sides so cops can see them easier from the right lane.

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
129 Posts
Why driver side front? Wouldn't it be better to put on both passenger sides so cops can see them easier from the right lane.
It's what we are "supposed to do" according to the slip that comes with the decals. There is one on each back quarter panel and one on each side of the front bumper, so 4 total.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts