Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, another Carplay post!

My 2022 PHEV's Carplay has been working fantastic for the 3 months I've owned the car. However, in the past couple of weeks, it works maybe once every few days. When I turn on the car, it will no longer auto connect and show me Carplay, instead it just sits on the screen asking me to connect to it. When I try to connect to it using this screen, it thinks for a few seconds, then tells me it can't connect to Decker12's iPhone.

I've tried everything I can. iPhone 12 is fully updated to the latest IOS, and nothing has changed on the phone in the past month. I've rebooted the phone, turned on/off BT and Wifi, put it in airplane mode, and "forgot" the Hyundai wifi network that it uses. I've also completely removed my phone from the car and re-added it, which is a hassle because I have to redo all my settings, and even doing this only worked for a day.

Strangely, plugging it into the USB port doesn't work either. I figured I could override whatever wireless issues are happening by using a direct connection but that doesn't work either. I guess Carplay in the 2022 is wifi only?

Is there anything else I can try? It's a feature I use every single day and I'm kind of stuck without it working properly.

·
Premium Member
'22 Ioniq 5 SE RWD (formerly '21 Ioniq PHEV SEL)
154 Posts
I had similar issues in my old '21 PHEV. Here's another thing to try. Try forgetting all the bluetooth stuff as you did, then try renaming the car's WIFI network to something different. Then try to re-pair, setup again from scratch.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Also try giving your infotainment system a reboot. If in the same place as prior years, it is a pinhole located at about 3 pm on the volume knob. If not, look in your manual for reset instructions. Alternatively, disconnecting one of the leads on your 12 volt battery has the same effect - although it resets a few more things too.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Just to follow up: for better part of a year, I would occasionally lose CarPlay via USB. As it almost always appeared to be related to moving my iPhone, I assumed first that there was lint in my iPhone (yes there was, but that wasn't the issue), and second that it was my third party cable. Took a trip this weekend, and on the way back (minute one of course), lost CarPlay completely despite multiple cable reconnects.

So step one (while driving), I happened to have brought my OEM Apple charger and cord and replaced my third party cord. Nothing.

Step two, rebooted my iPhone. Again, nothing.

Finally, took my own advice above and rebooted the infotainment system (again, still driving). Worked immediately!

Super interesting that software corruption in the infotainment system lasted so long without escalation until today. Not the way my phone or laptop work after OS corruption - they just start acting stranger and stranger. Sorry I hadn't tried rebooting earlier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts