Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Digital Teal Green
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The California Clean Air Resources board has a $4,500 EV rebate. The Ioniq 5 is. It yet an approved vehicle for the rebate program and the fund get depleted very quickly.
I wrote to Hyundai USA asking if they will be submitting the Ioniq 5 for consideration soon in light of the 3 month window to apply and the quickly exhausted funds. I don’t expect to hear back.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The California Clean Air Resources board has a $4,500 EV rebate. The Ioniq 5 is. It yet an approved vehicle for the rebate program and the fund get depleted very quickly.
I wrote to Hyundai USA asking if they will be submitting the Ioniq 5 for consideration soon in light of the 3 month window to apply and the quickly exhausted funds. I don’t expect to hear back.
evs only get $2000. the $4500 is for the fuel cells.

Reactions: CharleyPick

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am over here checking every day hoping it gets put on the list of eligible vehicles! Its not even listed as being eligible for the Federal Tax credit yet! 😬

·
Registered
Cyber Grey AWD SEL
8 Posts
evs only get $2000. the $4500 is for the fuel cells.
BEV's such as Ioniq 5 can get a $4,500 rebate if your income is less than 400% of the Federal Poverty level which is about $51K for a single taxpayer. $2,000 is available up to $150K. Additional $2,500 for those under 400% FPL,

And yes, I notified Hyundai and the CCAR that the clock is ticking on the I5's addition to the qualified vehicle list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
BEV's such as Ioniq 5 can get a $4,500 rebate if your income is less than 400% of the Federal Poverty level which is about $51K for a single taxpayer. $2,000 is available up to $150K. Additional $2,500 for those under 400% FPL,

And yes, I notified Hyundai and the CCAR that the clock is ticking on the I5's addition to the qualified vehicle list.
How did you notify them? Is this something that we can do as a collective to get their attention on the matter? My hubby is assuring me that because it is such a new car is the reason its not on there yet....really really hoping it shows up before the 3 months is up! We ended up getting this vehicle thinking the hybrid we were going to get wasn't on the list...turns out it was 😕 and we forked over a lot more money for the Ioniq 5 thinking we were covered on the tax credit and rebates.....oops!

·
Registered
Cyber Grey AWD SEL
8 Posts
How did you notify them? Is this something that we can do as a collective to get their attention on the matter? My hubby is assuring me that because it is such a new car is the reason its not on there yet....really really hoping it shows up before the 3 months is up! We ended up getting this vehicle thinking the hybrid we were going to get wasn't on the list...turns out it was 😕 and we forked over a lot more money for the Ioniq 5 thinking we were covered on the tax credit and rebates.....oops!
55 of 4,187

I just sent them an e-mail. To their credit they responded in just a few days. Below is CARB's response to me. I think your hubby is right. The first car sold in CA was December 15, so I expect that they will get it done soon.
Thank you for your email. New zero-emission vehicles must be approved by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) prior to being added to our eligibility list. Because we do not have a timeline of when a vehicle’s eligibility will be reviewed by CARB, please check our website frequently for updates. We cannot guarantee a vehicle will be approved by CARB and added to our eligible vehicle list. Therefore, if the rebate is an important factor in your decision to purchase/lease the vehicle, we recommend that you use your best judgment given the information provided on our website. To search for other incentives that may be available, please visit DriveClean | Clean Car Buying Guide
DriveClean | Clean Car Buying Guide
DriveClean is a resource for car buyers that are looking to find the cleanest, most efficient car that meets their driving needs. Find information, tools and resources to learn about clean vehicles and incentives.
driveclean.ca.gov
Thank you for your investment in clean vehicle technology.

CVRP Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

3980 Sherman Street, Suite 170
San Diego, CA 92110-4314
Office (866
) 984-2532
[email protected]
cleanvehiclerebate.org

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also in California, you can get an extra $750 from the Clean Fuel Reward Program, but only if you buy through one of their participating dealers. Used to be $1,500, but $750 will be just fine.

·
Registered
Cyber Grey AWD SEL
8 Posts
It's on the list! It's on the list!!!
Sweet! Thank you for the notice. I filed tonight and got my rebate reserved. I am an old poor boy so I am in the $4,500 rebate territory. I have 14 days now to line up my ducks but I'll get'er done. This is a big deal to me. Thank you California. This takes out the stealership markup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am over here checking every day hoping it gets put on the list of eligible vehicles! Its not even listed as being eligible for the Federal Tax credit yet! 😬
Which is strange, because the Kia EV6 is already on the Federal list, but not the Ioniq 5. :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts