Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I won't be getting my Ioniq tomorrow as the dealer that my supplier is using has found some damage to the centre console. I have asked for more information from them, but guess unless it's something really minor that can be polished out etc that it will need parts.

Some of you may have Knowledge about this, but is it possible for a dealer to still deliver the car with damage if it's acceptable to the customer whilst they organise the relevant part to go to a dealer local to me for it to be resolved under warranty? I would have thought that is something that's possible?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes. I know this as a fact. My car was delivered to the dealership and upon receiving the vehicle they found a scratch to the bodywork, a small one, but none the less a scratch.

I could have had the car to be rutrned later to correct the scratch. However I was happy to wait a few hours more for me to collect a perfect car.

The only exception to the yes would be if the vehicle was unsafe. I would ask to see the damage and request you be given the choice of repair now or later.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. The car itself I think is in the midlands somewhere as it's the leasing companies local dealer and was due to be delivered to me tomorrow in Norwich. If it needs a part replacing, which given its centre console etc it probably does I just know from the chap who had an air vent surround missing it could take a few weeks to get part. Seems logical they just make it clear on the system, the midlands dealer contacts my choice in Norwich and gets part sent to them etc. As long as it's all clear I am accepting the damage pending full repair I can't see the issue. Whilst they are giving me a hire car, it's not quite the same and if its not something equivalent in terms of size etc I will be a bit miffed.

I've been waiting 4 months and enoughs enough now due to delays with ordering etc.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Is there no way that they could send you a picture of the damage ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there no way that they could send you a picture of the damage ?
I have asked for it and asked wether they can transfer the work if it's not a simple polish up job. If it needs a part replacing I can understand it taking a few weeks.

Ultimately though I am not the customer to the dealer, the leasing company is so it's a case of seeing what they say. It might be too late now as I think they would have arranged the hire car, it just depends if the dealer themselves are supplying it or a local hertz/enterprise etc

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have asked for it and asked whether they can transfer the work if it's not a simple polish up job. If it needs a part replacing I can understand it taking a few weeks.

Ultimately though I am not the customer to the dealer, the leasing company is so it's a case of seeing what they say. It might be too late now as I think they would have arranged the hire car, it just depends if the dealer themselves are supplying it or a local hertz/enterprise etc
@RichieDan, I'm having problems with rejecting mine. Also, a dealer in the midlands. They have really been dragging their feet, so I have got Hyundai Customer service to apply pressure ( they went to the top on my behalf). There is a special 'Fleet Support' team that deal with the BCH/PCH deals. PM me and I'll fill you in on the details if it helps.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well, they can't do what I suggested as apparently it's not allowed to leave the PDI centre until fixed.

What they have done though is arrange a hire car for me till Tuesday, when they will swap it out for a Hyundai demonstrator for me to have until my car is fixed.

As long as the hire car that turns up today is not something small like an Aygo I will be fairly happy.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the dealer is lending me a Tucson SE Nav 1.7 diesel from Tuesday. At least the booking return says TBC. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well the dealer is lending me a Tucson SE Nav 1.7 diesel from Tuesday. At least the booking return says TBC. :)
I have driven those with the dct transmission. Mighty impressive actually.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have driven those with the dct transmission. Mighty impressive actually.
It's a manual the one I have coming but I won't grumble. Whilst it would have been great to have an Ioniq I can understand there won't be many about that can be lent out for long period of time.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's what I've got now. Unfortunately not auto but better than the Santa Fe I has last time (35MPG!! & Diesel)
Got the Tucson today, have to say I am VERY impressed with it. Would prefer auto and a slightly more powerful engine, but it is very good

·
Registered
278 Posts
Got the Tucson today, have to say I am VERY impressed with it. Would prefer auto and a slightly more powerful engine, but it is very good
Tuscan with 1.7 DCT seven speed is actually very nippy when you change the drive mode to sport. I was hugely impressed too. Now, there is allegedly a hybrid SUV due next year or year after from Hyundai. Interesting times.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So my latest update is this...

My supplier doesn't know what the damage actually is but is trying to find out specifically from the dealer. They don't have an eta on when my car will be fixed yet so I have two options.

Option 1 - dealers preferred option - Depending on what the damage is and if I were to accept it pending full repair, I could have my Ioniq fairly quickly.

Option 2 - Hyundai UKs preferred option, is that I keep hold of the Tucson until mine is repaired (or even replaced was mooted if whole dash has to be replaced) as they don't want bad publicity. I also don't start paying for a car until my Ionic is with me. They will also effectively reimburse me for a full tank of fuel in the Tucson when it goes back as they know I won't be getting the mpg I should if I were to be in the Ioniq.

Option 2 gets my approval unless it's something silly like a small scratch on the climate control panel etc which I could live with for a few weeks as I may prefer to be in my Ioniq. All depends on what the actual damage is.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts