Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
398 Posts
You have to say, "seat warmers", it doesn't understand heated seats.
Does anyone know where to get an up-to-date listing of acceptable voice commands? thanks

·
Registered
Ultimate | Lucid Blue
479 Posts
I've updated my car three times since I took possession of it.

Today was the first time that the car recognized that update files were available as soon as I started it and it finally allowed me to update with the car shut off.

We're slowly getting there folks :D

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5, Preferred Long Range RWD, 77.4 kWH, Phantom Black
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
OMG you’re kidding me! I must have tried 20 times using different phrases of “ heated seats”!
And I thought Siri was the difficult one!! I’ll have to start using “ Hey Google” to translate computer speak for me!
LOL, I did the samething wondering why Heated seats didn't work. I only figured it out after seeing the two touch buttons on the console showing "WARMER" below "CLIMATE".

You can also set the levels of the warmers as well by say Level 1, 2 or 3.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5, Preferred Long Range RWD, 77.4 kWH, Phantom Black
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
if you say the voice command "commands", it will give you a list of possible voice commands listed by category: vehicle control, navigation, etc
It doesn't list them all unfortunately. We have find the Easter eggs ourselves.

·
Registered
15 Posts
if you say the voice command "commands", it will give you a list of possible voice commands listed by category: vehicle control, navigation, etc
I experimented a bit this morning and with help from GrantL managed to finally get the seat warmers on. by default they turn on at level 3 but you can adjust them by saying “ level 1 seat warmer”. A bit inconsistent in that you have to say “ heated steering wheel”, but use the term “ seat warmer” for the seats. Doesn‘t take much to throw me off my game!

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
398 Posts
It doesn't list them all unfortunately. We have find the Easter eggs ourselves.
Did some web surfing.

There is this list on the Hyundai website for US voice commands for Gen5 software. Pages for other countries on the site as well

For example here is the voice commands for Greece

• Helpful
Reactions: GrantL

·
Registered
281 Posts
Good news! Upgraded from 221025 to 221115 and voice commands are still there. Ran into the side mirrors wouldn't unfold issue after the upgrade but solved it by pressing the button on the arm rest to unfold them as another poster had figured out

·
Registered
I5 LR RWD> RIP-Audi S4
549 Posts
I updated the software last night , flash drive inserted, update prompt, started, turned car off and came back next day. All good, Will have to try some commands on next drive as i did not even think to try while out earlier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I updated the software last night , flash drive inserted, update prompt, started, turned car off and came back next day. All good, Will have to try some commands on next drive as i did not even think to try while out earlier.
I am confused about whether the car needs to be left on or not during the upload. The instructions say it should be on but several people have said it’s not necessary. What’s the deal here?

·
Registered
2022 Preferred AWD L.Blue (Feb 2022)
185 Posts
Car can be turned off. I left mine for 2+ hours, then came back and turned it on. The right screen said "restoring data...".
Turned it off again. In the morning it was done. All okay...

·
Registered
I5 LR RWD> RIP-Audi S4
549 Posts
I am confused about whether the car needs to be left on or not during the upload. The instructions say it should be on but several people have said it’s not necessary. What’s the deal here?
Like I said stick your flash drive in start it, turn off car and come back later. Updated as it should, tells you on screen if you turn car off update will continue. Mine worked perfect, I tried seat warmer command and it worked as it should while driving. I need to learn more of the commands available.

Question for anyone, if I am connected w Android auto can I access and use commands as I tried it by navigating out of AA

21 - 40 of 42 Posts