Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5, Preferred Long Range RWD, 77.4 kWH, Phantom Black
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just updated the Canadian version Oct 25th on my Ioniq 5. Surprisingly found we have the additional voice commands we have been deprived for the last 11 months.

Finally we can with voice commands, open/close charging port door, turn on/off heated steering wheel, seat warmers, adjust climate controls and more.

Try it out after update, you will enjoy what was missing yah!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just updated the Canadian version Oct 25th on my Ioniq 5. Surprisingly found we have the additional voice commands we have been deprived for the last 11 months.

Finally we can with voice commands, open/close charging port door, turn on/off heated steering wheel, seat warmers, adjust climate controls and more.

Probably not a coincidence that they only came with the addition of the French and Spanish support? Regulation in Canada that product documentation must support both English and French.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred Short Range
185 Posts
For some reason my software version did not update but the map version was updated. I guess I need to redo the update. I found it strange that the new sounds were not available and I tried the voice commands but they were the same as before.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got the new voice commands as well. The voice function was a POS before but now it's respectable. I also noticed that the bluelink seems quicker and more reliable? Weather and Diagnostics work now from the screen where they didn't before.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred Short Range
185 Posts
make sure to delete the temporary directory on the downloads folder of your laptop. The update will delete these files after it flashes your USB drive but that may have been your issue.
The update program said everything was done so I assumed it transferred correctly to USB. Apparently not.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
398 Posts

Canadian Nav and SW update has been removed from the update site just like in the US. Likely means a newer update will be posted

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have heard that the update was removed as well. I have installed mine already and have not gotten any issues so far (fingers crossed), liking at least the new voice commands. Probably for me will be using Heated steering wheel command the most in the winter without fumbling to get to the screen menus.

Only thing I worry now as worse case scenario, if they took down the update because they accidently released the voice commands to us which they were not supposed to??? Let's hope not.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
398 Posts
I have heard that the update was removed as well. I have installed mine already and have not gotten any issues so far (fingers crossed), liking at least the new voice commands. Probably for me will be using Heated steering wheel command the most in the winter without fumbling to get to the screen menus.

Only thing I worry now as worse case scenario, if they took down the update because they accidently released the voice commands to us which they were not supposed to??? Let's hope not.
Probably replacing the Shatneresque voice

• Haha
Reactions: Chad

·
Registered
32 Posts

I'm so glad I can finally turn on the heated seats and steering wheel without having to peck through the menus. Now I can just tell it to turn on while driving - so.much.easier! They better not remove that! It was promised! Along with pre-conditioning, mind you (which I am still fuming over!)

·
Registered
Ultimate | Lucid Blue
479 Posts
I read that the update was taken down because it caused issues for owners who had never updated their earlier software. No ETA on a re-release as yet.

I've been running the Oct update since it was released without any issue.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Looks like today November 23,2022, the update is back online updated 221115. I am afraid to install. Anyone installed it in Canada, please let me know if voice commands are added?

·
Registered
281 Posts
New Nav update files (221115)
Font Material property Number Document Event

Old Nav update files (2210125)
Font Material property Number Document Parallel

Sizes of the package files (normally the firmware) haven't changed so I think its a good sign that it seems the same. What changed seems to be the navi_backup files which I think are the map files, points of interest, etc.
I will try the upgrade tomorrow

1 - 20 of 42 Posts