Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1045 Posts

· Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred Short Range
217 Posts
Dealer phoned today to say that he received my vehicle four days ago.

Then he said I have to apply online for the BC electric vehicle rebate, wait two to three weeks for the rebate to get approved, and then after that pick up the vehicle from him (the dealer is a day's drive out of town).

I understood that the Canadian federal EV rebate goes directly to the dealer and is subtracted from my purchase price, and the BC provincial EV rebate is something I apply for after purchase.

I believe these guys are confused, can somebody clarify for me?

Also the AWD with ultimate, according to the BC govt EV rebate website, exceeds the $55,000.00 limit for a govt of BC rebate.

Any buyers in BC who have done this already, please advise me

Oh and on top of this the dealer says they want to charge a $798.00 "documentation fee" - never paid a doc fee in my life, of course it is a scam, but I thought Hyundai Canada set a limit on what dealers can charge customers for their pre-ordered vehicles?
The dealer will add on many extras and you can pay them or decline as they will just turn around and sell to the next person for a markup. Get in touch with your salesperson and insist on no add-ons.

· Registered
32 Posts
Dealer phoned today to say that he received my vehicle four days ago.

Then he said I have to apply online for the BC electric vehicle rebate, wait two to three weeks for the rebate to get approved, and then after that pick up the vehicle from him (the dealer is a day's drive out of town).

I understood that the Canadian federal EV rebate goes directly to the dealer and is subtracted from my purchase price, and the BC provincial EV rebate is something I apply for after purchase.

I believe these guys are confused, can somebody clarify for me?

Also the AWD with ultimate, according to the BC govt EV rebate website, exceeds the $55,000.00 limit for a govt of BC rebate.

Any buyers in BC who have done this already, please advise me

Oh and on top of this the dealer says they want to charge a $798.00 "documentation fee" - never paid a doc fee in my life, of course it is a scam, but I thought Hyundai Canada set a limit on what dealers can charge customers for their pre-ordered vehicles?
You are correct for the Federal EV rebate. The BC rebate can also be applied before the purchase of your new Ioniq. I should be receiving my car hopefully next week and I have applied for BC EV rebate since that depends on your yearly family income. Also, Ioniq 5 MSRP is below the $55k limit the added package doesn't count towards MSRP thus the Ultimate package qualifies since I have recently been approved.

Individual incomeRebate for plug-in hybrids with range less than 85 kmRebate for battery electric and long-range plug-in hybrids
Less than $80,000$2,000$4,000
$80,001 – $90,000$1,000$2,000
$90,001 – $100,000$500$1,000
$100,001 and aboveNo rebateNo rebate

Hyundai | BEV
IONIQ 5 Preferred AWD Long Range
MSRP: $54,999
Electric Range: 488km Full Range: 488km
Provincial rebate up to: $4,000
Federal rebate up to: $5,000

Combined rebates up to $9,000

As far as doc fees, you need to ask your dealership what the doc fees include. It could be A/C fee, Tire fee, Admin fee, Pre setup fee, etc. all added together so ask the dealer for a detail description of what is included in those fees and maybe work something out to reduce those fees. Keep in mind, you did put a deposit down so make sure that is deducted from your final price.

Hope that helps

· Registered
26 Posts
You are correct for the Federal EV rebate. The BC rebate can also be applied before the purchase of your new Ioniq. I should be receiving my car hopefully next week and I have applied for BC EV rebate since that depends on your yearly family income. Also, BC has updated the limit to $65k and the Ultimate package qualifies since I have recently been approved.

Individual incomeRebate for plug-in hybrids with range less than 85 kmRebate for battery electric and long-range plug-in hybrids
Less than $80,000$2,000$4,000
$80,001 – $90,000$1,000$2,000
$90,001 – $100,000$500$1,000
$100,001 and aboveNo rebateNo rebate

Hyundai | BEV
IONIQ 5 Preferred AWD Long Range
MSRP: $54,999
Electric Range: 488km Full Range: 488km
Provincial rebate up to: $4,000
Federal rebate up to: $5,000

Combined rebates up to $9,000

As far as doc fees, you need to ask your dealership what the doc fees include. It could be A/C fee, Tire fee, Admin fee, Pre setup fee, etc. all added together so ask the dealer for a detail description of what is included in those fees and maybe work something out to reduce those fees. Keep in mind, you did put a deposit down so make sure that is deducted from your final price.

Hope that helps
Thanks for the detailed response!

One question: how long was it between applying for the BC rebate and receiving notification that the BC rebate was approved. My dealer told me it would be about three weeks. If I had known that I would have applied for the rebate months ago.

· Registered
52 Posts
Just wondering if you're on the tracking spreadsheet and if so which line on the spreadsheet?
Just to let you know what happened over the weekend. We received an email from the dealer on Thursday, confirming that my car arrived. I went to the dealer the same day just to confirm that it is the correct model. The car looked great still with the wrapping plastic all over. I went back to the dealer on Saturday to finalize the sale. Everything went very smooth and without any issues price was the same as on the web and government incentive together with my $500 loyalty and $500 deposit was calculated in the price. I’m going to pick up the car tomorrow at 6 PM. It is our second car from the Mountain Hyundai and once again we received an excellent service. The manager, Jeremy, and sales person, Mustafa were very professional and helpful making this transaction a breeze. P.S For people who are still doubting, you can sell the car right away at minimum $10,000 profit.
Just wondering if you're on the tracking spreadsheet and if so which line on the spreadsheet?

· Registered
6 Posts
Yep. My dealer phoned at 9am the next morning to confirm, get a copy of my license, etc, and place the order. So I suppose technically my order was placed on Nov. 15, 2021.
Hmmm, my order date is Nov 26 per email and on dealer's sold order list print-out, i'm ranked at 324 as of Jan. I'm sure your rank is bumped up quite a bit if you check with your dealer again.

· Registered
29 Posts
Just to let you know what happened over the weekend. We received an email from the dealer on Thursday, confirming that my car arrived. I went to the dealer the same day just to confirm that it is the correct model. The car looked great still with the wrapping plastic all over. I went back to the dealer on Saturday to finalize the sale. Everything went very smooth and without any issues price was the same as on the web and government incentive together with my $500 loyalty and $500 deposit was calculated in the price. I’m going to pick up the car tomorrow at 6 PM. It is our second car from the Mountain Hyundai and once again we received an excellent service. The manager, Jeremy, and sales person, Mustafa were very professional and helpful making this transaction a breeze. P.S For people who are still doubting, you can sell the car right away at minimum $10,000 profit.
I've got a preorder at the same dealer! Mind if I ask if the intrest rate was the 5.99% online aswell?

· Registered
5 Posts
Hmmm, my order date is Nov 26 per email and on dealer's sold order list print-out, i'm ranked at 324 as of Jan. I'm sure your rank is bumped up quite a bit if you check with your dealer again.
Something similar happened to me. I ordered online on November 4th, my dealer called me the same day to confirm the order and I received the credit card receipt of the deposit on Nov 5th. However, he didn't gave me my rank. When I called on November 9th about my rank, he told me that there was some kind of issues with the system and that he had to call me back, called me the nest monday and gave me my rank wich was way later than the other folks who ordered on Nov 4th/5th. He definitely forgot to enter the order on the official Hyundai system until when I asked for my rank. Still haven't received my VIN yet, on Jan 5th I was rank 93th.

a LOT of orders were put in November, because the Canadian prices were announced on Nov 4th, 2021. That's why there's a big difference between ranks.

· Registered
12 Posts
Something similar happened to me. I ordered online on November 4th, my dealer called me the same day to confirm the order and I received the credit card receipt of the deposit on Nov 5th. However, he didn't gave me my rank. When I called on November 9th about my rank, he told me that there was some kind of issues with the system and that he had to call me back, called me the nest monday and gave me my rank wich was way later than the other folks who ordered on Nov 4th/5th. He definitely forgot to enter the order on the official Hyundai system until when I asked for my rank. Still haven't received my VIN yet, on Jan 5th I was rank 93th.

a LOT of orders were put in November, because the Canadian prices were announced on Nov 4th, 2021. That's why there's a big difference between ranks.
that is also when Tesla lost the rebate due to price increase lol!

· Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if I should start a new thread here, but I feel like this group will be the most knowledgeable.

I just got off the phone with a dealer in Calgary (Precision). I've been trying to place an order with them for a while now but they seemed to be avoiding it and always directing me to some Ioniq 5s they had or may have "on the floor". Talking to the manager, he said that they actually cannot place orders with Hyundai at all for the car... all they can do is add me to a waitlist at their dealership and when they get a car they'll call people on the waitlist. I asked if they would sell those cars for the same price I'm seeing when I build one on the Hyundai Canada site and he said they add things to it in order to maximize profit for the dealership (I actually was surprised by his honesty here). So, my question is... is it true that they cannot even place orders with Hyundai? I told him I'm fine if it's a long wait, I just want to get my order in the queue. He insisted it wasn't even possible for any dealership to submit an order.

Thank you!!

· Registered
23 Posts
Not sure if I should start a new thread here, but I feel like this group will be the most knowledgeable.

I just got off the phone with a dealer in Calgary (Precision). I've been trying to place an order with them for a while now but they seemed to be avoiding it and always directing me to some Ioniq 5s they had or may have "on the floor". Talking to the manager, he said that they actually cannot place orders with Hyundai at all for the car... all they can do is add me to a waitlist at their dealership and when they get a car they'll call people on the waitlist. I asked if they would sell those cars for the same price I'm seeing when I build one on the Hyundai Canada site and he said they add things to it in order to maximize profit for the dealership (I actually was surprised by his honesty here). So, my question is... is it true that they cannot even place orders with Hyundai? I told him I'm fine if it's a long wait, I just want to get my order in the queue. He insisted it wasn't even possible for any dealership to submit an order.

Thank you!!
He’s not lying

· Registered
9 Posts

Thank you!!
I pre-ordered with them last May. No news still, because order bank is not open yet.

1001 - 1020 of 1045 Posts