Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1045 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
so i went to the dealer yesterday and asking about the status of my Ultimate and all since we haven't gotten emails for months. My last update with queue number back in July was 870ish, now mid - Jan at low 300. with an estimated production to be March. Darn, another 3-4 months wait. Did anyone recently got theirs in a shorter expected timeframe?

· Registered
52 Posts
so i went to the dealer yesterday and asking about the status of my Ultimate and all since we haven't gotten emails for months. My last update with queue number back in July was 870ish, now mid - Jan at low 300. with an estimated production to be March. Darn, another 3-4 months wait. Did anyone recently got theirs in a shorter expected timeframe?
Ordered Nov 04 2021 latest update from the dealer Feb 05.

· Registered
7 Posts
people, please please keep updating your status here and in the tracking spreadsheet (like many ppl have done, in the "notes" section)... it helps those of us further down the line to wait... ;)
I'm on line 371 on the tracking sheet. I ordered Lucid Blue LR AWD Ultimate on November 14, 2021. I phoned my Ottawa, ON dealer last month and was told I'm 436 in the queue, scheduled for June 2023 build. It seems like just a few days in terms of when we ordered makes a HUGE difference as I've seen people who ordered just 7-10 days before me are being notified of builds.

· Registered
12 Posts
I'm on line 371 on the tracking sheet. I ordered Lucid Blue LR AWD Ultimate on November 14, 2021. I phoned my Ottawa, ON dealer last month and was told I'm 436 in the queue, scheduled for June 2023 build. It seems like just a few days in terms of when we ordered makes a HUGE difference as I've seen people who ordered just 7-10 days before me are being notified of builds.
what is your date on the pre-order confirmation email from Hyundai? Nov 14th should have placed you ahead of me.

· Registered
3 Posts
My order is Black LR AWD Ultimate, placed November 8, 2021. Dealer informed me on January 18, 2023 that I am rank 31.

· Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
506 Posts
Pre-order confirmation email came at 5:52pm on Nov. 14.

View attachment 47823
this is the pre-order confirmation and not an order confirmation. You would have worked up the order with your dealer and the date the order was submitted by them is when the queue was entered

· Registered
7 Posts
this is the pre-order confirmation and not an order confirmation. You would have worked up the order with your dealer and the date the order was submitted by them is when the queue was entered
Yep. My dealer phoned at 9am the next morning to confirm, get a copy of my license, etc, and place the order. So I suppose technically my order was placed on Nov. 15, 2021.

· Registered
26 Posts
Dealer phoned today to say that he received my vehicle four days ago.

Then he said I have to apply online for the BC electric vehicle rebate, wait two to three weeks for the rebate to get approved, and then after that pick up the vehicle from him (the dealer is a day's drive out of town).

I understood that the Canadian federal EV rebate goes directly to the dealer and is subtracted from my purchase price, and the BC provincial EV rebate is something I apply for after purchase.

I believe these guys are confused, can somebody clarify for me?

Also the AWD with ultimate, according to the BC govt EV rebate website, exceeds the $55,000.00 limit for a govt of BC rebate.

Any buyers in BC who have done this already, please advise me

Oh and on top of this the dealer says they want to charge a $798.00 "documentation fee" - never paid a doc fee in my life, of course it is a scam, but I thought Hyundai Canada set a limit on what dealers can charge customers for their pre-ordered vehicles?

981 - 1000 of 1045 Posts