Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
681 - 700 of 743 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's obvious that orders are delayed, yet Hyundai seems to be advertising the Ioniq 5 (and Kia EV6) more and more. I was watching the hockey game earlier this evening and there were loads of Ioniq 5 commercials. Same was true during the game last weekend. A bit odd given the significant delays.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's obvious that orders are delayed, yet Hyundai seems to be advertising the Ioniq 5 (and Kia EV6) more and more. I was watching the hockey game earlier this evening and there were loads of Ioniq 5 commercials. Same was true during the game last weekend. A bit odd given the significant delays.
I noticed that as well on YouTube.
They just want to have a reason to raise the price of your car, No, really just bad management or they booked their advertising a long time ago.. When was the last time that you saw a Tesla add? That is because they have more orders than they can build. Hyundai is not as savvy or used to this situation. They also do not answer any questions for those waiting.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Echo 1.6L NA 4 Door Hatch
164 Posts
I noticed that as well on YouTube.
They just want to have a reason to raise the price of your car, No, really just bad management or they booked their advertising a long time ago.. When was the last time that you saw a Tesla add? That is because they have more orders than they can build. Hyundai is not as savvy or used to this situation. They also do not answer any questions for those waiting.
That is not why Tesla does not advertise

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where did you find this data? I ordered March 31 and was curious to see details of expected dates. Thanks in advance.
Wayne
Most likely yours will be 2023 model as they stopped allowing pre-order for 2022 models earlier this year. I haven't seen any indication of 2023 models orders going in. So I would estimate 12-18 months of waiting.

My order went in Nov 2021 and by the latest email, production date is Dec 2022 with delivery later.

Crowd-sourced Data: IONIQ5 Canada Tracking - Google Drive

Credit: @vinzqc

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have on order an Ultimate trim in Atlas White with the two-tone dark teal/grey interior . Spoke with the dealership last week and they told me our build date was August 2022.
When did you place your order? We ordered the exact same car beginning of January 2022 and have now been told our build is not scheduled until August 2023!

·
Registered
4 Posts
When did you place your order? We ordered the exact same car beginning of January 2022 and have now been told our build is not scheduled until August 2023!
March this year and I was told AWD wad Dec 2023 and BWD was likely summer 2023. If this is due to lack of chips I wonder why there are not alternate sources.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD Cyber Grey Long Range ultimate Package '23 ordered
17 Posts
So on the facebook Quebec group, they say there would be only 1 (one) Ultimate allocated per dealer for MY23
I have a pre-booking at my dealer, but don't even know if I have a chance to get a MY24....
At this time, my 2016 Leaf warranty will be finished and my Outback will be 11 years old.
Don't want to play the game of putting as many deposits as possible everywhere, and the Ioniq 5 is the car that checks all the boxes and Ultimate the trim we want.
Anyway, Solterra MY23 orders are closed.

I'm making my mind about the market since sept 2020, anticipating the end of my Leaf lease.
So planning 2 years ahead is not an issue for me, but 4 years ahead without any certainty makes things confusing.

And no EV mandate before 2027 in Canada (if Conservatives don't remove it), so no significant supply until then

Confused, disappointed, fed up o_O

·
Registered
9 Posts
So on the facebook Quebec group, they say there would be only 1 (one) Ultimate allocated per dealer for MY23
I have a pre-booking at my dealer, but don't even know if I have a chance to get a MY24....
At this time, my 2016 Leaf warranty will be finished and my Outback will be 11 years old.
Don't want to play the game of putting as many deposits as possible everywhere, and the Ioniq 5 is the car that checks all the boxes and Ultimate the trim we want.
Anyway, Solterra MY23 orders are closed.

I'm making my mind about the market since sept 2020, anticipating the end of my Leaf lease.
So planning 2 years ahead is not an issue for me, but 4 years ahead without any certainty makes things confusing.

And no EV mandate before 2027 in Canada (if Conservatives don't remove it), so no significant supply until then

Confused, disappointed, fed up o_O
I also preordered an Ultimate end of January. My sales manager told me that they have 5 (five) RWD, 1 (one) AWD and 0 (zero) Ultimate allocated for this entire year. He expects the "real" ordering process will be back on next January.

·
Registered
I5 Ultimate AWD Lucid Blue Pearl
243 Posts
Mine usually arrives late in the day...on the 11th, 12th or 16th or...

Seriously, though, I'm anxious for this one as it's supposed to have my VIN included. My dealership told me that my car is due here on the 6th of June.

681 - 700 of 743 Posts