Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put a $500 deposit at Crowfoot Hyundai of Calgary on March 1, 22. I called yesterday to see how things were going and apparently I still do not have a reservation with Hyundai Canada. Only with the dealership and they had no idea of when my deposit would be converted into a Hyundai Canada reservation.
Does this even seem possible?
At the time when I placed my deposit, I was told it might be 8 months. Now I do not hold much hope of getting one by 2024. Also no idea of what the price might be.
The dealership in Sherwood Park Edmonton we asking 90k for the ultimate. Apparently that was qualifying for the federal 5k incentive.
Meanwhile I got a Tesla last month. 62k, but did not qualify for the federal grant because it was too expensive.
I still want my Ioniq5:(

Put my $500 down on 02 Feb 2022 in Richmond BC and have not gotten my Hyundai e-mail yet either. Sitting tight as directed by dealer...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update 11/30/22

Agreed in writing to let them hold $2500 until the government rebates them back.
As explained to me by Transport Canada, The IZEV program can reject rebates if the customer has had a rebate within the same calendar year. The dealer will make you sign a form called "Incentive Received Form For Individuals for the iZEV Program" It states that "I will not seek to receive more than one incentive under the iZEV Program in any calendar year". So it would appear that people are getting multiple rebates and dealers are possibly getting stiffed and/or becoming a collection agency. So I can understand their concern, but to be honest, that's not my problem. The car is advertised at Hyundai Canada with the rebate and no stipulations. Maybe Transport Canada can come up with a way for the dealers to check if someone has received the rebates...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts