Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dealer received my I5 and when I went into the dealership and spoke with financing. She told me that they were waiting on an answer from the dealerships owner in regards to the 5K Federal Government EV rebate. According to her, the dealership has been having issues collecting the money back from the government with some of the rebates being denied and them being left on the hook for up to 5K. She gave no specific info on which EV's were denied.
The reasoning they gave me was that the 2023 model that I am getting is more expensive than the 2022 I ordered. I pointed out that the iZEV program was updated and that the car does qualify and even Hyundai Canada shows the full rebate available.
As a work around, She proposed that she would give me the rebate if I take 5K of my deposit and give it to them to hold until they get their money from the government or they will keep it if they got denied.
She told me it can take them months to get the rebates if approved and I would have to let the vehicle sit if the owner says no and I refuse to let them hold onto my 5k. So it is the owners decision as to whether or not I get my EV rebate???

I have been patiently waiting since 10/28/21 for this car and not impressed with how this has been handled. I had a issues already with sales person ignoring my emails and not returning my calls. Anyone else run into this issue? My I5 is a 2023 Preferred AWD with the Ultimate package.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So my dealer received my I5 and when I went into the dealership and spoke with financing. She told me that they were waiting on an answer from the dealerships owner in regards to the 5K Federal Government EV rebate. According to her, the dealership has been having issues collecting the money back from the government with some of the rebates being denied and them being left on the hook for up to 5K. She gave no specific info on which EV's were denied.
The reasoning they gave me was that the 2023 model that I am getting is more expensive than the 2022 I ordered. I pointed out that the iZEV program was updated and that the car does qualify and even Hyundai Canada shows the full rebate available.
As a work around, She proposed that she would give me the rebate if I take 5K of my deposit and give it to them to hold until they get their money from the government or they will keep it if they got denied.
She told me it can take them months to get the rebates if approved and I would have to let the vehicle sit if the owner says no and I refuse to let them hold onto my 5k. So it is the owners decision as to whether or not I get my EV rebate???

I have been patiently waiting since 10/28/21 for this car and not impressed with how this has been handled. I had a issues already with sales person ignoring my emails and not returning my calls. Anyone else run into this issue? My I5 is a 2023 Preferred AWD with the Ultimate package.
It sounds like BS to me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this in Quebec? Si oui, appelez la protection du consommateur :)
I live in Alberta (bertabama as I like to call it somedays :p)
AMVIC is available but they are almost toothless. I'll probably contact Hyundai Canada on Monday and see if there is anything they can do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a $500 deposit at Crowfoot Hyundai of Calgary on March 1, 22. I called yesterday to see how things were going and apparently I still do not have a reservation with Hyundai Canada. Only with the dealership and they had no idea of when my deposit would be converted into a Hyundai Canada reservation.
Does this even seem possible?
At the time when I placed my deposit, I was told it might be 8 months. Now I do not hold much hope of getting one by 2024. Also no idea of what the price might be.
The dealership in Sherwood Park Edmonton we asking 90k for the ultimate. Apparently that was qualifying for the federal 5k incentive.
Meanwhile I got a Tesla last month. 62k, but did not qualify for the federal grant because it was too expensive.
I still want my Ioniq5:(

·
Registered
199 Posts
I live in Alberta (bertabama as I like to call it somedays :p)
AMVIC is available but they are almost toothless. I'll probably contact Hyundai Canada on Monday and see if there is anything they can do.
Here the list for 2022
Ta Dam, here what we see, 2023 included since 2022-08-31.
If your modele listed there, then, I think it's ..... from your dealership.

2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5 Preferred RWD Short Range
Preferred RWD Long Range
Preferred AWD Long Range
BEV $5,000 $1,250 $2,500 $3,750 2022-08-31

·
Registered
199 Posts
I put a $500 deposit at Crowfoot Hyundai of Calgary on March 1, 22. I called yesterday to see how things were going and apparently I still do not have a reservation with Hyundai Canada. Only with the dealership and they had no idea of when my deposit would be converted into a Hyundai Canada reservation.
At the time when I placed my deposit, I was told it might be 8 months. Now I do not hold much hope of getting one by 2024. Also no idea of what the price might be.
The dealership in Sherwood Park Edmonton we asking 90k for the ultimate. Apparently that was qualifying for the federal 5k incentive.
Meanwhile I got a Tesla last month. 62k, but did not qualify for the federal grant because it was too expensive.
I'm from those first buyer to get my car in February. I don't know how it work now especially with the now so long wait time for this car that I wanted to escape by reserving without seeing it.:)

In my case, nearly after you made the 500$ deposit, your dealer subscribe you to Hyundai list. Then in few weeks later, you got an email from Hyundai HQ with a number and estimate price. (But it was pre-order in my case.) Then normally you get an email for each state (Deep in this forum talk about those steps). In my case Hyundai badly managed it since I got only like the half the supposed emails I was supposed to get. But I got the car in those first batch as expected.

Is this list order still valid, if now what replace it? I don't know now.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred Short Range
185 Posts
EVs are in high demand. Used EV prices can be more than new. Even the Nissan Leafs are having high residuals which signals an extreme market distortion. Cars traditionally are depreciating assets that lose value over time. Anyone buying a gas car now has to be aware they are going to be losing their shirt in a few years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put a deposit with precision in May. Pls keep me posted if you have any updates. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts

Put the dealer name in the sun

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stick this in their faces (from the Transport Canada website). Yes, they must submit the documentation, however, it is clear that they are required to apply the incentive for you at the time of sale. This is not optional for them. What happens next is their problem.
How to receive the incentive
The incentive will be applied at the point-of-sale by the dealership. It will appear directly on the bill of sale or lease agreement on eligible ZEVs on, or after, the eligibility date. The dealer must apply taxes and fees to the purchase or lease before applying the incentive.
The dealer must submit the documentation required to be reimbursed for an incentive provided to consumers at the point-of-sale.
The federal incentive for eligible ZEVs will be applied in addition to any provincial or territorial incentive offered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
quite frankly, this is one singular thing I dread the most: the dances and games the dealership may/will resort to, when our I5 finally arrives sometime in the "2nd quarter of 2023"... given the current market, I feel there aren't many viable options to fight them. @Paulpitine , please keep us updated, and -- good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
So my dealer received my I5 and when I went into the dealership and spoke with financing. She told me that they were waiting on an answer from the dealerships owner in regards to the 5K Federal Government EV rebate. According to her, the dealership has been having issues collecting the money back from the government with some of the rebates being denied and them being left on the hook for up to 5K. She gave no specific info on which EV's were denied. The reasoning they gave me was that the 2023 model that I am getting is more expensive than the 2022 I ordered. I pointed out that the iZEV program was updated and that the car does qualify and even Hyundai Canada shows the full rebate available. As a work around, She proposed that she would give me the rebate if I take 5K of my deposit and give it to them to hold until they get their money from the government or they will keep it if they got denied. She told me it can take them months to get the rebates if approved and I would have to let the vehicle sit if the owner says no and I refuse to let them hold onto my 5k. So it is the owners decision as to whether or not I get my EV rebate??? I have been patiently waiting since 10/28/21 for this car and not impressed with how this has been handled. I had a issues already with sales person ignoring my emails and not returning my calls. Anyone else run into this issue? My I5 is a 2023 Preferred AWD with the Ultimate package.
Go to the media they love these kind of stories. By the time they are done the dealership will be providing that car to you at your price quicker then you can say bobs your uncle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got a reservation in Ontario very close to your reservation date, unfortunately until Hyundai Canada opens the "portal" to place actual 2023 orders were stuck in limbo while they fulfill 2022 orders with 2023 models, pricing has been updated on Hyundai Canada website aswell as a few minor changes (battery preconditioning, yay), as for the OP it's totally on the dealership to collect the incentives from the government, you shouldn't have to worry about it at all, as others posted a new order definitely qualifies so I'm not sure what they're trying to pull on you, some dealers are just being shitty

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here the list for 2022
Ta Dam, here what we see, 2023 included since 2022-08-31.
If your modele listed there, then, I think it's ..... from your dealership.

2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5 Preferred RWD Short Range
Preferred RWD Long Range
Preferred AWD Long Range
BEV $5,000 $1,250 $2,500 $3,750 2022-08-31
That's what I pointed out to them. Still got a we are looking into it. Going in tomorrow to have a chat with them, right after I contact Hyundai Canada, AMVIC and possibly try to reach out to Transport Canada as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stick this in their faces (from the Transport Canada website). Yes, they must submit the documentation, however, it is clear that they are required to apply the incentive for you at the time of sale. This is not optional for them. What happens next is their problem.
How to receive the incentive
The incentive will be applied at the point-of-sale by the dealership. It will appear directly on the bill of sale or lease agreement on eligible ZEVs on, or after, the eligibility date. The dealer must apply taxes and fees to the purchase or lease before applying the incentive.
The dealer must submit the documentation required to be reimbursed for an incentive provided to consumers at the point-of-sale.
The federal incentive for eligible ZEVs will be applied in addition to any provincial or territorial incentive offered.
Thanks for the information doozer. Going in tomorrow to have a chat with them, I'll be sure to mention this to them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
quite frankly, this is one singular thing I dread the most: the dances and games the dealership may/will resort to, when our I5 finally arrives sometime in the "2nd quarter of 2023"... given the current market, I feel there aren't many viable options to fight them. @Paulpitine , please keep us updated, and -- good luck!
I've been aprehensive since I placed my order. Something told me they would try to mess it up. Seems like they want me to walk away from the deal by making it the most difficult thing to do and then resell it at an insane markup like Sherwood Park Hyundai just did.

Edit: I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Go to the media they love these kind of stories. By the time they are done the dealership will be providing that car to you at your price quicker then you can say bobs your uncle.
Hoping it doesn't come to that but I do know how to use social media to my advantage :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They are not budging on the iZev Rebate. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, Hyundai Canada, AMVIC and Transport Canada.
The dealership is West Edmonton Hyundai for those that want to know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts