Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Went and test drove an AWD today. That punch, oh boy! Wife was impressed but thinking it's not big enough to replace our Subaru outback, and she's probably right.... I've got some time to mull it over before the ultimate cars are delivered.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Went and test drove an AWD today. That punch, oh boy! Wife was impressed but thinking it's not big enough to replace our Subaru outback, and she's probably right.... I've got some time to mull it over before the ultimate cars are delivered.
How were the conditions? Did it warrant the need for a rear wiper? Did you miss not having it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
No rain in Toronto today. I didn't even consider the wiper. The car was the shooting star gray, and it looked amazing, even in the filthy dirty state it was in. Not sure it's worth the $1200 and extra effort to upkeep, but really nice. It wasn't an ultimate, just the normal Preferred AWD. Dealer told me he found out he could still change color, just not trim, without changing delivery date drastically.

Oh and I was only in the car for maybe 20 min so I didn't get to mess with everything. Literally just wanted to get behind the wheel, take it for a spin, and sit in it. Seats were nicely formed I thought. And I'm 6ft 5in and there was space behind myself for myself without my knees hitting the seatback. Trunk space grows pretty nicely when you slide the back seat forward, but it does have that huge gap behind it then. The slant back really eats into cargo space.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Number 267 (started 285) in qeue… production planned for jan 22… expected march-april delivery. My dealer is expecting an Ultimate by early february (the qeue mumber is in the 70’s and car should be produced by dec 21).

·
Registered
soon! 2022 Ioniq 5 Ultimate black
8 Posts
I think this is a good spot to jump in and introduce myself and share my ordering experience. i live in the Metro Vancouver area and will be trading my my 218 Kona Ultimate AWD Turbo.
i have been watching the Ioniq 5 for over a year now and put in my order for June 3 for an Preferred AWD LR with Ultimate in Shooting Star Matte. Received confirmation within hours that it would be built "Fall 2021".
Local Dealer sent email confirming same day.
November 5 received email from Hyundai Canada stating vehicle would be built Dec-21 and is number 48 in sequence.
After reading much about Matte paint i decided to change the colour to black on Nov 5th.
December 16th another email from Hyundai Canada with Order # ( confirming black) and the VIN!
test drove the RWD LR and confirmed that i wanted the AWD with Ultimate. Dealer is at $59,999 plus PDI and delivery of about $2k.
my best guess from previously posts and various Hyundai forums is that the car should arrive in New Westminster, BC in the next few days. The dealer is a 20 minute drive from the port.

anyone who wants to get into the discussion AWD vs RWD/FWD is welcome to comment and I am a HUGE AWD fan - bought an early Dodge Magnum 5.7 AWD and loved it for the performance.
I also had a Chevrolet Volt as a company car and immediately questioned who thought it was a good idea to have 300lb-ft of torque through the front wheels!

Sorry for the long winded start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
also forgot to mention that because the ultimate is a package and not a trim level we do get the iZEV rebates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
also forgot to mention that because the ultimate is a package and not a trim level we do get the iZEV rebates.
Hey! I am just ahead if you in the queue. Ultimate pkg. I also received an email in Dec 15 that it was shipped, with Vin. Since I am on east side of the country, you will likely be a few days ahead if me! Please let me know when you get your call!

I took a test drive with an Preferred version. NICE! I am looking forward.
Thx!
B

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Wow glad to hear the ultimates are starting to come in. I was 350 in line and was moved from December 21 to January 22. I really hope I hear soon about the production or shipping. Can I ask a question did you get your VIN right after it was made or during shipping or closer to Port in Vancouver? It seems from some posts that they almost find out a week or so before the car is . delivered

·
Registered
10 Posts
I received the VIN when they sent the "had shipped from the factory" email. That was Dec. 16 as my "ship-mate", mentioned. 🤞

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glad some Ultimates are on the way. I have an August 2022 build last I checked hopefully I get mine sooner than later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hull Hyundai
Did you ever receive a corporate hyundai e-mail - with build queue info etc? I ask because I placed a pre-order with Hull Hyundai on June 2 (Digital Teal Ultimate), and have only heard that they expect my car in February/March, but I've never received anything otherwise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I have had two emails regarding my white ultimate all wheel drive one saying build date December 21 and then an apology saying now January 22 build date. Hoping that they don't change that again

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had two emails regarding my white ultimate all wheel drive one saying build date December 21 and then an apology saying now January 22 build date. Hoping that they don't change that again

Thanks, I continue to think they never actually placed my order given the difference in experiences here - I've followed up a few times, but not getting very reassuring answers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you ever receive a corporate hyundai e-mail - with build queue info etc? I ask because I placed a pre-order with Hull Hyundai on June 2 (Digital Teal Ultimate), and have only heard that they expect my car in February/March, but I've never received anything otherwise.
Ditto, and so I think the next email we get from Hyundai Canada will contain a VIN #? Sounds like for Ultimate builds in Jan/22, we are being guided to a March timeline for delivery. Nice to hear some Ultimates from the first builds (Dec/21) are slated to arrive soon! Looking forward to pictures and comparisons to the ‘base’ trim many of us have test driven at our dealers’.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same here! Put a deposit on an Ultimate at Hull Hyundai yesterday and no queue number or emails. Just my signed offer which includes the model/options and my deposit receipt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My experience is like Alpinex3. 2 emails from Hyundai Canada and second saying build now Jan/22, and priority sequence #. Dealer’s educated best guess for when I would get the car was March/April (when I visited to test drive the basic trim model).

·
Registered
10 Posts
My experience is like Alpinex3. 2 emails from Hyundai Canada and second saying build now Jan/22, and priority sequence #. Dealer’s educated best guess for when I would get the car was March/April (when I visited to test drive the basic trim model).
I hope this answers the question. On Dec 16, I received an email from Hyundai Canada that my Ionic-5 prefered with ultimate package was shipped. The email has the VIN. I've heard nothing since then. My priority number is in the 20's. Black paint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i received the same email on the 16th - ionic 5 ultimate in black with vin etc and priority number 48.
i am only about 20 min drive from the New Westminster, BC port but have heard nothing more.

nice choice of colour ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
i received the same email on the 16th - ionic 5 ultimate in black with vin etc and priority number 48.
i am only about 20 min drive from the New Westminster, BC port but have heard nothing more.

nice choice of colour ;)
Phantom Black! We will be twins! Please let me know when you hear something. Mine will be on a long train ride to get to me.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts