Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is a setting for having the door handles automatically retract to a flush state with the door when I walk away from the car. I forget sometimes to either touch the handle to lock the door or hit the key fob to lock the door which causes the door handles to retract. Then the handles stay in the open position and people have tried to push them back in which could damage them, Is this something that can be changed? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
IONIQ5 Evolution AWD
58 Posts
I have that working on my Zoe and love it.
I HATE I can't get this working on IONIQ5.
I left the car open some times :(.
Dear engineers, cars must close when key goes away !!!

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Lucid Blue/Gray
7 Posts
Not only does the door not lock automatically on walk away, you cannot lock the doors if any other door is open such as a passenger door until they close the door. Other manufacturers allow you to lock the door and all doors lock when closed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not only does the door not lock automatically on walk away, you cannot lock the doors if any other door is open such as a passenger door until they close the door. Other manufacturers allow you to lock the door and all doors lock when closed.
Yeah that's a big gripe for me. My wife is so slow getting out of the car.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred Short Range
115 Posts
OEMs are not good at software so let us give them some slack. Hopefully, if enough complaints they might release an update in the future.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It wouldn't be so bad if the car at least gave the appearance of being locked. When an I5 is unlocked it's very obvious given that the door handles are sticking out. Bad guys stealing stuff from our cars could probably nail the owners for entrapment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the auto lock when exiting my 2021 Tesla Model Y and really enjoyed that feature.
Sure do miss it. Amazing Hyundai doesn't include it for us.
When I got about 20-30 feet away from car it would signal it locked by a short horn beep.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine auto-locks when I walk away! about 30 seconds after it dose not detect the key.

but I think it's because the dealer installed an after market alarm before I bought it, I did not know about it until I was signing the paperwork. it's KARR brand. it dose cause some alarms going off when I'm charging sometimes, leaving the door open or getting in and out while charging. \

And I did get locked out of the car when the fob was on the lower center console when I got out to dry off the car after washing it at a self serve spray wash... I talked about in another thread,,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts