Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flew out to Colorado over Memorial Day weekend having communicated and agreed on a deal with a dealer and drove it back to Minneapolis. Couldn’t be happier.

previously had an Elantra that I drove forever and loved that car. This is 1000x better.

I know it’s all over this forum (and I’ll look too), but any tips/tricks for the 2021 Limited PHEV?

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,122 Posts
On a long road trip with it use the mode button on the highway to put it into HEV mode, as it uses the least fuel when running at a steady pace. Save the electricity in the battery for the stop and go stuff in town or through traffic jams, since rowing through the gears with the gas engine when you're out of battery would be inefficient.

Of course if you get to the destination charger with lots of EV range left over, that's just a wasted opportunity to have burned less gas, so know when to switch out of HEV mode and use up the battery. (Also, where I live, a kilometer driven on electricity is way cheaper than one driven on gasoline so there's that incentive too.) I often use the nav system (or Google Maps, Waze, etc. via Android Auto) to keep an eye on the distance to go versus the EV range left, so I know when to switch modes to get the rest out of the battery.

Not everyone is that dedicated though, and that's okay too, you've already made a smart decision just buying the car. Enjoy it!

Reactions: BlueNev

·
Registered
1 Posts
Flew out to Colorado over Memorial Day weekend having communicated and agreed on a deal with a dealer and drove it back to Minneapolis. Couldn’t be happier.

previously had an Elantra that I drove forever and loved that car. This is 1000x better.

I know it’s all over this forum (and I’ll look too), but any tips/tricks for the 2021 Limited PHEV?
Weird coincidence. I'm looking to purchase the same model from Colorado and drive it back. I've contacted a couple of dealerships by email, but I can't say they've seemed very motivated to respond. Did you work out everything online first, or over the phone? Mind sharing some details on your experience/dealership to help me out?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Setting the cruise control in hev mode is especially helpful in this car because the car will automatically run the engine in its most efficient spot by using the electric motor to either assist or load the engine (and charge the battery).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts