Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday became my Ioniq day. After a brief two week wait, my Summit Grey Ioniq Blue arrived at Winn Hyundai of Santa Maria. This is the first Ioniq Blue sold in the area. After a quick purchase process (the dealership was impressive), I was on the road.

The one hour drive home was great. While this is my first hybrid, the vehicle felt instantly familiar and showed no lack of power (coming from a 2010 Kia Optima as my previous vehicle). Over the past few days I have been going over manuals (yes, US version has some minor differences) and preparing the car for my use. Extra heavy duty floor mats and lots Scotchguard spray on the fabric seats is a must for me.

This car is going to make me a safer driver. Having the ability to see how my driving style impacts the actual MPG, I have softened my sometimes heavy foot. The instant feedback is helpful to modify driving behavior. Carplay is great. Speaking to the car works very well. I do have the maps not switching to nightview bug that others have mentioned. Hope a coming patch will fix that.

All and all the Ioniq Blue exceeds my expectations and would without hesitation buy it again :D

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
You live near my old stomping grounds--Grover Beach. How did the car handle the pass? I test drove an Ioniq SEL a few days ago and felt the car was extremely sluggish. It would take a lot of getting used to for me. This is the first time we've seen the interior of the Blue. It looks much more detailed than the SEL which was black on black. Sharp looking car--congrats!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You live near my old stomping grounds--Grover Beach. How did the car handle the pass? I test drove an Ioniq SEL a few days ago and felt the car was extremely sluggish. It would take a lot of getting used to for me. This is the first time we've seen the interior of the Blue. It looks much more detailed than the SEL which was black on black. Sharp looking car--congrats!
Thanks - Yes, love this area.

I've gone up the grade three times once on the first trip, that night coming home from work & yesterday with a fairly sizeable Costco trip. The car handles it no problem. The first trip I was feeling it out. The second and third trip I was on cruze control. Down the grade = Great battery charger, up well you get to see the mpg dip to nothing, but I usually do 70 up and that hasn't changed. The Ionic has a wider eco mode and most the drive is within eco, not to be confused with EV mode that, as one can imagine does not ever facter in to a drive up any grade. The car handles keeping me at speed just as well as my prior car.

This is the beige interior, most of the Blue's & SEL's will have the charcoal/black interior like you have seen. I was happy to go with the lighter interior due to the summers here in Paso.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Jimm00re,

Last year, after we attended the Arizona Strong Beer Festival in Phoenix (which we haven't missed in more than 10 years), we added three days to our trip specifically to head further west and visit FW and also the BarrelWorks. Great places, both!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts