Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a Dashcam function with the Ioniq 5? So far it looks like we will have to use our own third party Dashcams.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Built in dashcam is not just software. From Korean option list it also has an additional auxiliary battery and presumably a card slot, possibly in the pull out glove box.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Built in dashcam is not just software. From Korean option list it also has an additional auxiliary battery and presumably a card slot, possibly in the pull out glove box.
It might be something that someone with a reservation should try to bring up at one of the virtual showroom events

·
Registered
60 Posts
It might be something that someone with a reservation should try to bring up at one of the virtual showroom events
I took part in the P45 Virtual showroom event back in April & this is one of the "written questions" I brought up - See excerpt below

TECHNOLOGY
Q: What is the screen size?
A: Both the instrument panel and AVN are 12.3 inches.
Q: Is the HUD on all trim levels?
A: HUD is available on certain trim levels.
Q: Does it have a built in dashcam and if so, can the footage be recorded?

A: No. This feature will not be available.

The full list of written questions & answers can be found HERE on the InsideEvs Forum

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took part in the P45 Virtual showroom event back in April & this is one of the "written questions" I brought up - See excerpt below

TECHNOLOGY
Q: What is the screen size?
A: Both the instrument panel and AVN are 12.3 inches.
Q: Is the HUD on all trim levels?
A: HUD is available on certain trim levels.
Q: Does it have a built in dashcam and if so, can the footage be recorded?

A: No. This feature will not be available.

The full list of written questions & answers can be found HERE on the InsideEvs Forum
So Garmin it is then. At least the maps will get updated quicker than most auto maker builtin GPSs'

·
Registered
129 Posts
So Garmin it is then. At least the maps will get updated quicker than most auto maker builtin GPSs'
You can use this app on your iPhone as a Dash cam and still use CarPlay on the infotainment system at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts