Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Rear Offside Door Handle came away in my hand this morning.
Obviously will contact my local Hyundai Dealer on Monday morning, but really curious if any body else has had this happen to them........

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd have thought this should be a warranty issue - the components must have been tested for thousands of operations to be deemed fit for purpose..
The failure, unless clearly subject to unsual forces, most probably caused by a sub-standard part.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know you guys are waiting on tender hooks to hear what the dealer said. Here goes: Apparently it was completely my fault, as I must have used to much force to open the door! Therefore, not covered under the warranty. However, the 'Technician' did remove the broken part and glued it back together with super glue and a magic activator solution, he then re-fitted the part. This took a total of 2 minutes. I was then told that the replacement part will be £33 inc VAT and fitting. Would I like them to order the part? If you can guess my answer [word for word], there will be something in your Christmas stocking from me :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
With all the millions of miles that this combined forum has driven, has anyone even heard of let alone ever "broken" a door handle?
Note to Hyundai UK on the cards.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think that’s a disgrace. In 40 odd years of car ownership I’ve owned some crap rust buckets and not a single one ever snapped a door handle.

I’d be apoplectic.

I’d be surprised if the superglue lasts. It can be very hit and miss with plastic even when activator is used.

Letter to Hyundai voicing displeasure definitely needed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
With all the millions of miles that this combined forum has driven, has anyone even heard of let alone ever "broken" a door handle?
In the interest of balance (dons flameproof suit) what does that suggest ?

Just saying...

·
Registered
392 Posts
And with the superglue... bang goes the evidence hyundai needed to explain how a highly stressed aluminium pin has exploded the plastic hole from the inside of the handle.

You'll be safe from flames etc... If you go where most Everton fans are going if Liverpool win the champions league... On holiday... Out of the country.

·
Registered
525 Posts
See above.
Sod the suit I probably need a bunker !
No, you’re right. Kids pull door handles off, or kick them off! Keyholes wear out, but breaking a door handle is a rarity.

I would expect my dealership to replace it just to keep me sweet

1 - 20 of 47 Posts