Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you checked that all the updates have been done to your car? Rückrufe und Serviceaktionen | Hyundai Deutschland
Thanks for the reply. I have indeed. It says there are no recalls or service actions for the vehicle.

The General Settings on the vehicle returned the following:

model: NEAE.S5BLC.AEU
software: NE_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210823
firmware: NE_E.EUR.05.210728.MICOM

Does anyone know if this is the latest software && firmware?

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
861 Posts
I’ve only had my ioniq 5 for 2 weeks and in that time I’ve had at least a dozen times where it won’t shift from P to D (or R)
Have to keep switching it on and off and then eventually it works.
But tonight it won’t go into D at all.
Had to call AA out and they are scratching their head too.
It’s going back to the dealer tomorrow!!

UPDATE: It’s been 4 days now and I’ve still not heard back from the dealer of Hyundai customer services about how they plan to fix the issue.
what’s worse I can see from Bluelink that the car is being driven around!! I suspect that they’re using it as a showroom model whilst I pay for its lease and drive around in a crappy Bayon they lent me.
they’ve not called me with any update on how they plan to fix it.
The service from both Hyundai and Ancaster (the dealer I bought it from) has been shockingly poor.
And I’ve been told by Hyundai Finance that because I am now outside of the 2 week cooling off period (by 1 day) Icannot get my money back.
Please if you are reading this - do not waste your money on an Ioniq 5. 😢
I have seen this before on a Korean video see link

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
861 Posts
I have seen this before on a Korean video see link
My thoughts are that if you read the manual there are a lot of different situations (modes) where the car puts the gear in P.
It must be something like that, an ECU of the car is told that it is in this mode and blocks the gear in P.
  • when charging the gear is automatically in P
  • when the seat is in the relax position the gear is automatically in P
  • when opening the door the gear is automatically in P
  • etc...
So a malfunction of one of the other systems where the control unit receives faulty feedback can cause this problem.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have indeed. It says there are no recalls or service actions for the vehicle.

The General Settings on the vehicle returned the following:

model: NEAE.S5BLC.AEU
software: NE_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210823
firmware: NE_E.EUR.05.210728.MICOM

Does anyone know if this is the latest software && firmware?
That is not the latest SW. Get them from here- Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

·
Registered
4 Posts
My thoughts are that if you read the manual there are a lot of different situations (modes) where the car puts the gear in P.
It must be something like that, an ECU of the car is told that it is in this mode and blocks the gear in P.
  • when charging the gear is automatically in P
  • when the seat is in the relax position the gear is automatically in P
  • when opening the door the gear is automatically in P
  • etc...
So a malfunction of one of the other systems where the control unit receives faulty feedback can cause this problem.
In that case, there's an issue with the firmware. The vehicle should alert the user that it is on charge, seat is in relax position or the door is open. That way it would be much easier to determine what is causing the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
I called Hyundai. The latest software version is NE_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.211214. Perhaps that fixes the issue? I will forward this on to the dealership as they still have no idea what is causing the issue.
That is the one that downloads from the web site link I posted. I know the web site still says Nov, but they did not update it!

·
Registered
MY22 Balance Vision RWD Cyber Gray
106 Posts
Just experienced the "joy" of zombie mode this morning.
  • Car has latest update (211214) from Update Hyundai. Battery icon was shown in red, key/immobilizer in orange. There was some warning in the UI that battery was low.
  • HV battery was at 65%, car has 900km on it. Production date is 2021-09-09.
  • The site for recalls lists no updates pending.
  • Car had not been charging.
  • Ran preheat from Bluelink app before going to the car a little later.
Tried turning off and on a few times to no avail - I seem to remember that at first go, it wouldn't even turn off (I was a bit flustered as I was late, so I don't recall 100%)

Went to the garage to find a charger and when I returned, I tried again - and it sprung to life - no warning icons or UI messages whatsoever.

I figure that either it got provoked into working by removing the key fob far enough from the car, or a top-up of the 12V was somehow triggered by my messing about.

At any rate, that experience sucked.

Started looking for a Quicklynks BM2 in the EU so I can monitor, but they seem very hard to find. If anyone has a link to one on offer, I'd appreciate a heads-up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just experienced the "joy" of zombie mode this morning.

Started looking for a Quicklynks BM2 in the EU so I can monitor, but they seem very hard to find. If anyone has a link to one on offer, I'd appreciate a heads-up.
I had exactly the same experience yesterday, although did not have any warnings about the battery being low. It seems leaving it for a couple of minutes is the way to reset it, but my wife has now lost faith in the car, and is worried about getting stranded somewhere...

I ordered the Quicklynks BM2 from Amazon, but sadly that's no longer in the EU so may not be any good for you Battery Monitor BM2 device for Cars & Campervans 12V Battery/leisure battery tester Compatible with Android iOS and Ipad with bluetooth 4.0 and above. : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had this fault after the service update. The service update was supposed to stop this problem happening after DC charge I understood, whereas I encountered the problem after the car just sitting on the drive overnight, no charging was involved.
Ioniq 5 less than 1 week old- had this issue this morning. Car left overnight and not charging- unable to shift from park to d/r. So disappointed as this is our first ev and loved it!
I’ve only had my ioniq 5 for 2 weeks and in that time I’ve had at least a dozen times where it won’t shift from P to D (or R)
Have to keep switching it on and off and then eventually it works.
But tonight it won’t go into D at all.
Had to call AA out and they are scratching their head too.
It’s going back to the dealer tomorrow!!

UPDATE: It’s been 4 days now and I’ve still not heard back from the dealer of Hyundai customer services about how they plan to fix the issue.
what’s worse I can see from Bluelink that the car is being driven around!! I suspect that they’re using it as a showroom model whilst I pay for its lease and drive around in a crappy Bayon they lent me.
they’ve not called me with any update on how they plan to fix it.
The service from both Hyundai and Ancaster (the dealer I bought it from) has been shockingly poor.
And I’ve been told by Hyundai Finance that because I am now outside of the 2 week cooling off period (by 1 day) Icannot get my money back.
Please if you are reading this - do not waste your money on an Ioniq 5. 😢
Ioniq 5 less than a week old- car sitting in driveway and not charging. Car wont shift from park to d/r this morning. So disappointed as we love this car. I guess I’ll have to take the car back to dealership and hopefully get my money back and have peace of mind.😔

·
Registered
1 Posts
Report from AA as follows:

12volt system showing 11.3v on attendance. Battery boosted with nil effect. 12 v power removed from system and 2 min sleep period attained. 12 v reconnected and achieved ready status and would driveFull scan revealed no error codes to be present.No clear indication of reason for drive failure but suspect possible software issues present.

You may have accidentally put the car in utility mode. In that mode the car will not move you would have to put it out of utility mode into a normal driving mode and you do that with the software on the car.​

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
86 Posts
The twice this has happened to me, I had used Bluelink to pre-heat the car. (not plugged in to charger). Is this a common link with this problem being caused, as I can see above someone else noted they had used pre-heat when they had the issue?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The twice this has happened to me, I had used Bluelink to pre-heat the car. (not plugged in to charger). Is this a common link with this problem being caused, as I can see above someone else noted they had used pre-heat when they had the issue?
Pre-heating was running on mine when it happened, yes, with the car not plugged in. On the other hand, have run pre-heating almost every day in the same way for 2 months and not had the issue.

·
Registered
MY22 Balance Vision RWD Cyber Gray
106 Posts
I had exactly the same experience yesterday, although did not have any warnings about the battery being low. It seems leaving it for a couple of minutes is the way to reset it, but my wife has now lost faith in the car, and is worried about getting stranded somewhere...

I ordered the Quicklynks BM2 from Amazon, but sadly that's no longer in the EU so may not be any good for you Battery Monitor BM2 device for Cars & Campervans 12V Battery/leisure battery tester Compatible with Android iOS and Ipad with bluetooth 4.0 and above. : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
I took a leap of faith and ordered this:

KYYKA Auto Battery Monitor Ⅱ 12V Battery Tester Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Battery Tester Charger Diagnostic Analyzer Monitor for Android & iOS (Bl KYYKA Auto Battery Monitor Ⅱ 12V Battery Tester Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Battery Tester Charger Diagnostic Analyzer Monitor for Android & iOS (Black) : Amazon.de: Auto & Motorrad

What arrived was Quicklynks BM2 in blisterpack so unless it’s a 100% fake including packaging …

·
Registered
728 Posts
There have been 2 work arounds mentioned elsewhere:

1. Press and hold the start button appears to reset the system -

2. Shut the car down, get out and lock it. Start the pre conditioning (other things from the app may work?). After a couple of minutes unlock and start again….

81 - 100 of 104 Posts