Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AKA an Elantra, lol. :p After comparing the US Ioniq and Elantra specs, I went ahead and bought the Elantra. I got the Limited trim with Ultimate package in Electric Blue with black leather interior. I LOVE the color. It has everything I wanted in the Ioniq and more (like hands-free smart trunk), even the neat little things like the side view dipping mirrors in reverse, the door approach lights, etc.. What an amazing car! I'm having fun playing with all the toys like the BSM, LKAS, ACC (Smart Cruise), Dynamic Bending Light headlights, driver IMS, the sunroof, remote app features, and the infotainment system. No regrets whatsoever. I'm getting much better mpg than I did in my Corolla. Tomorrow night will be a week with the car already.

I was able to get an awesome deal from my local dealership. The list price was $27,915 base MSRP/$29,508 after dealer adds, but what I actually paid: $21,450 base/$22,844 after dealer adds (window tint, lifetime maintenance). Put down $5k and got a 5% interest rate. My payments are $60 LESS per month than my Prius c which had a much lower starting MSRP than the Elantra. Very happy with that.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What made you suddenly change your mind!?
Hyundai's botched and late rollout of the US Ioniq, potential mechanical and software issues, availability, as well as a watered-down US version, and ridiculous cost savings. I'm very happy with the price I paid and having LKAS, I couldn't see buying another car without it.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
nice,

stick around and let us know how it goes, will be interesting to hear what sort of gas mileage you get

one thing I notice there seems to be a lot of common parts in the dashboard between the Elantra and Ioniq

I did read somewhere early on the Ioniq was built on a modified Elantra chassis, can't find it again but they do similar in many ways

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
@Johtokunta your display pic has just made me realise that I should have got him in white.. looks so nice in white.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hyundai's botched and late rollout of the US Ioniq, potential mechanical and software issues, availability, as well as a watered-down US version, and ridiculous cost savings. I'm very happy with the price I paid and having LKAS, I couldn't see buying another car without it.
I'm a tad burned by the "watered-down" US version, but keep in mind... those were expensive extras & still nowhere near the automated car I think we are all envisioning.

As for late rollout, the Hybrid is pretty available now & more eco-friendly than an Elantra. The Electric better be out next month, which is what I'm still mostly interested in...

What software & mechanical issues are you referring to? I'm willing to accept a minor hiccup or two, as with any new model, as long as it is covered under warranty & fixed quickly.

As for cost savings... tax credits get the price of the Electric down to roughly ICE versions of similar features, plus fuel & maintenance savings down the road.

Glad you found your peace with an Elantra -- just pointing out these same justifications may not carry over to the next Ioniq buyer.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Agree.. I'm never going back to 100% fuel system.. hybrid or fully EV from here on out.

And @martinhj rub it in why don't you :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was able to get an awesome deal from my local dealership. The list price was $27,915 base MSRP/$29,508 after dealer adds, but what I actually paid: $21,450 base/$22,844 after dealer adds (window tint, lifetime maintenance). Put down $5k and got a 5% interest rate. My payments are $60 LESS per month than my Prius c which had a much lower starting MSRP than the Elantra. Very happy with that.
Yep...In general you can get some incredible deals on Elantras and Sonatas. We have a 2012 Sonata Limited and a 2013 Elantra GT and got deals similar to yours on both of them ( i.e. - WAY under invoice ).

I'm hoping in time this will also happen with the Ioniq...but probably will not happen for a year or two.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yep...In general you can get some incredible deals on Elantras and Sonatas. We have a 2012 Sonata Limited and a 2013 Elantra GT and got deals similar to yours on both of them ( i.e. - WAY under invoice ).

I'm hoping in time this will also happen with the Ioniq...but probably will not happen for a year or two.
It appear to be the other way round here. Particularly on PCH they're offering some cracking deals on the Ioniq and the i40 (Elantra?) seem quite a bit more expensive. It's more popular in estate (station wagon) version

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
It appear to be the other way round here. Particularly on PCH they're offering some cracking deals on the Ioniq and the i40 (Elantra?) seem quite a bit more expensive. It's more popular in estate (station wagon) version
The i40 is the Sonata in the US and is considerably larger than the Elantra. For comparison, the Sonata weight is around 3,500 pounds, the Elantra is around 2,800 pounds. The Elantra is about the same size as the Ioniq, but a couple hundred pounds lighter (depending on trim).

·
Registered
166 Posts
The i40 is the Sonata in the US and is considerably larger than the Elantra. For comparison, the Sonata weight is around 3,500 pounds, the Elantra is around 2,800 pounds. The Elantra is about the same size as the Ioniq, but a couple hundred pounds lighter (depending on trim).
That explains it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts