Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Birthday yesterday and all was going well until I got a call from Hyundai pushing my delivery on my Ioniq Electric from April/May to June/July. Apparently not as bad as new orders placed for all electric models now end of year. The salesman went on to say that this is worldwide and due to battery component shortages.

For those awaiting hybrids he stated ship on the way with over 200 on-board.

:crying:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh man, if this is the case I might have to take a closer look at a Leaf as a stop gap. The sales guy I talked to indicated that the Ioniqs were in port at Vancouver, but if it's just one boat for all of Canada, then I'm not sure how many of the Electric version will be available.

I'd expect many of them will go to Quebec too, since they get the most EV sales in the country.

But if it's going to be the end of the year to get the second batch, then yeah, I might just take advantage of the really good deals Nissan has on the Leaf right now.

The Chevy Bolt might already be sold out in Canada for the year too, but when Chevy is only sending 1 car to each dealer, that seems like a supply issue.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh man, if this is the case I might have to take a closer look at a Leaf as a stop gap. The sales guy I talked to indicated that the Ioniqs were in port at Vancouver, but if it's just one boat for all of Canada, then I'm not sure how many of the Electric version will be available.

I'd expect many of them will go to Quebec too, since they get the most EV sales in the country.

But if it's going to be the end of the year to get the second batch, then yeah, I might just take advantage of the really good deals Nissan has on the Leaf right now.

The Chevy Bolt might already be sold out in Canada for the year too, but when Chevy is only sending 1 car to each dealer, that seems like a supply issue.
Don't forget about the next generation Leaf being released in September... might be worth the wait, if we all are waiting anyway...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Any information on when this started to take effect?

Mine was ordered last week through a lease Company, I was hoping 3-4 months (EV Premium SE in Black)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it best if you all check with your local dealers. Mine has not been the best with information and I would hate to think that my dealers comments would effect your decision to buy or not buy an Ioniq particularly for those in other countries. Personally I think the Ioniq is in a different league to the Leaf - BUT that is my opinion!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think it best if you all check with your local dealers. Mine has not been the best with information and I would hate to think that my dealers comments would effect your decision to buy or not buy an Ioniq particularly for those in other countries. Personally I think the Ioniq is in a different league to the Leaf - BUT that is my opinion!
Definitely going to wait at least a couple of months to see where Hyundai sets the Canadian pricing and whether they're going to have cars available.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Yeah, that's a bit disheartening to hear. Sounds like Canada is not going to have any for a long time, especially since it hasn't even been announced here yet. I would imagine if the UK orders that have already been made have been pushed to July and any new UK orders will be end of year. That makes it sound like Canada won't be able to get them until end of year or early next year (since it could be awhile before we even get to order!).

I hope I'm wrong and that somehow we'll be able to get some before end of year...

If not, the Ford Focus Electric and the e-Golf just became viable alternatives. :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Was at the dealer this morning and after many apologies for not having information he's claiming more news within 2 weeks and dealer charging stations (level 2) across the city (Ottawa) will be installed by mid-month. My take away .. things happening but it is all still a mystery here in Canada

I am still hopeful for an April announcement for Canadian pricing and availability with select deliveries within a month. The supplies may be initially limited (a few hundred?) to what has already landed in Vancouver (fixed colour, trim levels, etc as they've already been built)... ordering from the factory to follow that (slow boat?).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts