Buy Other Sound Equipment

Beastly Overpriced s***ty Eletronics

Bastards Offering Sorry Engineering

Business Objective: Screw Enduser

Bass Output Seriously Exiguous

Black Ominous Satellites Encroaching

Beats Only Saddest Electronics
Really helpful comment!

But tbh I’m mildly impressed by the system, it’s fine, but not the best!

Does one want to share his/her Equalizer settings for the

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD Ultimate Tech+Eco Cyber Grey
89 Posts
Does one want to share his/her Equalizer settings for the
I've gone with...

Treble: +3,
Mid: +1,
Bass: +6

The bass is higher than I normally go on equalizer settings, but it feels like it needs it IMO.

Since I also have my seat quite far back, I moved the 'listening position' a few notches back towards the rear which boosts the rear speakers a bit and makes the overall sound a bit more pleasant to my ears.

It also seems to be getting a bit nicer sounding as time goes on, the 'muffled' issue I experienced when new seems to have faded a bit so the speakers perhaps need a bit of use to get the best from them. It's still far from brilliant, but I'm happy with it now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah. Like most others have said, the Bose sound system in the Ioniq 5 won't satisfy an audiophile - it has disappointed me and I'm not even an audiophile. The only time I found it acceptable/okayish was when watching Netflix on my phone screen (couldn't get video to appear on Ioniq's screen) with audio via Ioniq 5's speakers using Android Auto.

Generally and for music, I can't say I like it, it's too lifeless.

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
470 Posts
I'll take "pretty medicore" as better than what I'm used to :)
I’m confused by comments here. I sat in my 1-day old AWD yesterday while parked. While I have yet to check the back, the sound quality in the front was great. Of course sitting in the car when stationary is the only time you will be able to appreciate the sound systems. Despite its quietness you won’t hear very low or very high frequencies in a moving car.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Project 45 AWD Ultimate 73 Kw
23 Posts
Not hoping for these kind of reviews :p

Has anyone actually experienced it already?
My P45 has the 'upgraded' Bose. It comes with High Mid Low graphic equalizer and is factory set with the classic hi fidelity smile i.e. Peaked high range, Lowered mid range, Peaked low range.
3 things to note:
1. Classical stations ( particularly DAB and FM) tend to boost the equalization of the music they broadcast to suit classical music.
2. When playing music from your smartphone via Bluetooth your phone's equalizer will also affect the quality of sound you receive. Bluetooth does have minor compression in the signal which might offend sensitive ears.
3. Connection of your smartphone to the front lower USB port will give you the best possible sound from your phone. Both cars and phone equalizers work without signal compression.

My car has acoustic glass all around with an upholstered headliner beneath the solar roof.
The car is so quiet, and not boomy or reflective, the sound system sound crisp clear and accurate.....I fiddled with the equalizer a bit.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts