Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Audio sounds crisp and clear. Radio on DAB is a little quite but from andriod auto/Apple car play {Apple music n Amazon Music} and usb audio (file quality permitting) all sounds pretty good. Nice and crisp and plenty of range. Nothing vibrates or rattles and you can enjoy the sounds. Only comment from drivers position mind and you do have the extra speaker to the right of the display that may help vs the rest of the car. Not sat in back to check sound as Im driving it n dont care! :)

I have expereinced Mini/bmw/skoda 'upgraded sound systems' and this sounds as good if not better since you dont have any back ground noise to fight with. The sound adjustment setting may be a little too much as it increases the sound more than you expect since hte car is quite vs combustion.

...one mod I recommend straight away if you put on a new plate, drop the black plate mount on the front.... much better look.

View attachment 35312
You know the part on the side of the screen, most people think that is a speaker but it isn't, it's a magnetic pad where you can put notes or photos.

·
Registered
103 Posts
To be fair, isn't it just a metal plate? Where you can put magnets on... I'm pretty sure it's not magnetic. ;-)
Ha, no. What would you consider steel to be? Magnetic. What would you consider aluminium to be? non magnetic. So it is a magnetic plate. It is not a magnet, but it is magnetic

·
Registered
42 Posts
I still miss my Lexus with the Mark Levinson system....:rolleyes:
I hope for you guys the Bose in the Ioniq 5 sounds better than the Infinity system in the classic Ioniq does...
Maybe I should rob a bank and get myself a KIA EV6 with the Meridian system. :ROFLMAO:
yes!!! My Lexus with Mark Levinson was the best oem sound system I ever got. I miss it too

·
Registered
2017 VW Passat Estate Diesel (omg!)
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Maybe 2 video's to give you an idea of the BOSE sound and sound control:
Well Jaz, that actually sounds incredibly good, seems to be a good mic he's using.
So all the "oh noes, it's a Bose" (quote me if you want :p) that got me all worked up seems to be pretty okay, we'll see in 6 months :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes!!! My Lexus with Mark Levinson was the best oem sound system I ever got. I miss it too
Same here :)

The BOSE is really disappointing in my I5. My Kona Electric had a KRELL system with much, much better sound. And definitely nothing can beat the Mark Levinson systems in my Lexuses before my EV obsession kicked in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Reviving an old-ish thread here, but I wondered what the OP concluded. I had a listen to the Bose system in an Ultimate my local dealer had in stock and thought it sounded pretty decent. I currently drive a BMW 3-er with the Harman Kardon system and thought it sounded on par with that. Definitely better than any 'standard' system I've heard.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
686 Posts
Reviving an old-ish thread here, but I wondered what the OP concluded. I had a listen to the Bose system in an Ultimate my local dealer had in stock and thought it sounded pretty decent. I currently drive a BMW 3-er with the Harman Kardon system and thought it sounded on par with that. Definitely better than any 'standard' system I've heard.
Then they can make something good in China ;), On the rear side of this Ioniq 5 Bose boxes is written "Made in China"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Then they can make something good in China ;), On the rear side of this Ioniq 5 Bose boxes is written "Made in China"
Ha. I'm sure you already know this, but most, if not all factory supplied car loudspeaker systems are manufactured in China, including Harman Kardon, B&O, B&W and Mark Levinson (which are all owned by Harman International and often share the same components).

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 rwd 73 kw on order, expected 30/11
51 Posts
Ha. I'm sure you already know this, but most, if not all factory supplied car loudspeaker systems are manufactured in China, including Harman Kardon, B&O, B&W and Mark Levinson (which are all owned by Harman International and often share the same components).
not true. Harman kardon has production facilities in Belgium and Hungary. And next to being the primary research center, these produce 20 million speakers per year. In Europe. Probably with some Chinese parts, but everything is made from Chinese parts these days. All BMW and Ford premium audio systems are made there. regular audio systems are made in China and Malaysa. They make car audio systems for all car producers and under even more brands (sometimes as subcontractor, Ford had a license from Sony, but PSS made the speaker systems. car audio systems are a niche that requires a lot of r&d and customizatio. Hence non Chinese products stand a chance.
but yes, a lot of car parts are Chinese. And does it matter?
Another story, BMW and VW official parts, made by Bosch, produced in China, but imported and “assembled“ in Europe ( screwing in 1 bolt), just to avoid the label made in China….left the warehouse branded made in Germany or Switzerland. Now you know why the official parts are more expensive then identical non branded parts ….

·
Registered
236 Posts
The Bose audio system is pretty decent. The standard system is acceptable. The Bose system is not the best I have heard in a car but for price the Ultimate package was worth it for us. The leather and dark windows were a big driver for us, the latter as we often carry expensive kit and the rear windows are really dark on the Ultimate. The leather is very good too.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts