Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

BOSE audio quality

43K views 94 replies 50 participants last post by  domainee 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Can anyone share their experiences with the BOSE audio?
I'm not that interested in the bass but more the mid and high tones and especially so with classical music.
Is it any good?

Discussion starter · #18 ·
I've test driven a few EVs and had quite a few replacement cars (both low an high trim) from VW group, and even with their DYNAUDIO, even Polestar, were worse than my stock VW Passat audio (not DYNAUDIO). Only the Harman Kardon in an XC40 was slightly better because of the surround effect, but was much (!) worse for classical music.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Maybe 2 video's to give you an idea of the BOSE sound and sound control:

Well Jaz, that actually sounds incredibly good, seems to be a good mic he's using.
So all the "oh noes, it's a Bose" (quote me if you want :p) that got me all worked up seems to be pretty okay, we'll see in 6 months :p

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Still haven't heard it, but based on feedback here and YouTube video (yeah really) I'm confident it will sound good. Not a B&W from an XC90 but I'm coming from a stock VW Passat system which i actually enjoy, so will be better :)

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Having spent more time playing around with this last night, I found the Bose system sounds very good when you crank it up to really high volumes (3/4 to max) - it's almost too loud but the detail and 'brightness' I thought was missing at lower volumes is much clearer when you get to anti-social levels! There's hardly any distortion as well. So the Bose system is capable of sounding very good, just not at lower volumes.

It's almost as though it needs a 'Loudness' option like car stereos from 20 years ago which boosted the equalizer to sound better at lower volumes.
Could that be the loudness of the source that needs some cranking up? (BT, USB)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.