Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the USA Ioniq 5 Owner’s Manual PDF from:

https://owners.hyundaiusa.com/conte...al/2022/ioniq5/2022-Ioniq-5-Owners-Manual.pdf

It’s useful for doing searches using a PDF viewer, but there are no bookmarks or links in the PDF file itself, which greatly reduces usability. So, I added bookmarks and links. The revised PDF is included in this post as an attachment.

This shows the bookmarks on the left side and an example of a link on the right side. When you move your mouse pointer over a link, the pointer turns into a hand with a raised index finger. See the text on the right side “Foreword / Starting your Electric Vehicle” for the index finger. Note that the main table of contents (TOC) lists 9 chapters and each chapter has its own TOC. The Index at the bottom of the TOC (right side) is in the printed manual but not in the PDF manual. On page 1 of the PDF, the top ¼ of the page is a link to the main TOC.

Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot Software

Everything a bookmark can get to, a link can also get to, and vice-versa. However, I did not add all the bookmarks/links that were possible when going down the hierarchy. For example, in the following image, you can use bookmarks or links to get to “Instrument Cluster Control” but not to “Instrument panel illumination”. Adding all the bookmarks and links would have been a lot of work, but not much more useful in my opinion.

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 SEL AWD, 2021 Ioniq Electric Limited, 2004 Subaru Forester XT
114 Posts
@erewhon This is a HUGE improvement for the usability of the manual. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 SEL AWD, 2021 Ioniq Electric Limited, 2004 Subaru Forester XT
114 Posts
I noticed the bookmarked version is missing the index, but it's 3% the size of the other soft copy of the manual I have. I'll happily take that tradeoff.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed the bookmarked version is missing the index, but it's 3% the size of the other soft copy of the manual I have. I'll happily take that tradeoff.
I wondered why one version that I have of the PDF manual is so large. I checked and the PDF with the index pages is huge, but there is no capability to do anything with the index. Puzzling!

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue
68 Posts
Fantastic. THANK YOU for providing it. It is a real time saver....

Now, is there a kind soul out there who can find a PDF version of the INFOTAINMENT manual? Please?

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...is there a kind soul out there who can find a PDF version of the INFOTAINMENT manual? Please?
The only PDF Infotainment manual I have been able to find is the following one. It is similar to the hard-copy one that came with my Ioniq 5, but there are obvious differences, and both manuals are somewhat generic and are clearly adapted from a non Ioniq 5 source. Can anyone find a better PDF version? Alternatively, is the PDF version linked to below acceptable?

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here is the PDF Infotainment manual.

As noted in post #6 above, there does not seem to be a PDF version of the hard-copy Ioniq 5 manual. Instead, only a generic PDF seems available, applicable to Infotainment on a range of Hyundai vehicles.

There are both bookmarks and links in the attached PDF file, and I think that the information and tools for moving through the file will be useful.

EDIT: The Infotainment PDF attachment (below) has been updated. After using the PDF extensively, I found that I wanted to add more navigation features. It should now be quite usable on a tablet touch-screen device. Similar changes will be made to the Owner’s Manual PDF, but that will take a while since the Owner’s Manual is quite long.

The main Infotainment changes…

(1) Mostly cosmetic – the first two pages were twice the size of the other pages. That has been changed. For example...
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Multimedia

(2) On all pages, the upper left has a link that will take you to the first page of the Contents. For example...
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

(3) For all pages that can be reached from a link in Contents, the upper right has a link that will take you back to the corresponding page in Contents. For example...
Product Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

(4) Finally (this was actually present before), the Index has links from the page number of each entry back into the manual. For example, in the Index, clicking on page 1-3 by “SETUP button” takes you to the page with “SETUP button” information.
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Paper

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts