Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

has anyone applied / experience about ceramic bodywork shields?

I'm getting my Marine Blue Ioniq these days and have been thinking to apply some ceramic shield to protect bodywork. I'm thinking about "Kenolon ceramic shield" (Kenolon Ceramic Shield V1 | Kenotek). I can have it for 450€, it's a bit more than other ceramic shields, but would it be worth it?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
personally I am no convinced the cost of some of these ceramic coatings is worth it

my wife had supaguard applied to her car when she got it last year, and I can't see any difference to my old i20 which I applied autoglym to, or her previouscar that didn't have the coating

in addition to that I tend to use the time polishing my car to check for stone chips and car park damage

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am picking up my new Marina Blue Premium SE on the 1st March and am paying the dealer to have it treated with Glasscoat Gen 3 ceramic coating inside and out. Guaranteed to last at least 5 years so just needs a wash to keep it clean and shiny. It costs £299 but this package also includes a set of Ioniq mats and £20 of fuel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am picking up my new Marina Blue Premium SE on the 1st March and am paying the dealer to have it treated with Glasscoat Gen 3 ceramic coating inside and out. Guaranteed to last at least 5 years so just needs a wash to keep it clean and shiny. It costs £299 but this package also includes a set of Ioniq mats and £20 of fuel.
My thoughts also... Lasts several years and gives extra protection against scratches and is easier to maintain.

Just got a call that my Ioniq ready for pickup on Monday... It's going to be a long weekend :)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
My last car had Glasscoat Gen 3 applied and the car seemed to mark very easily , though it looked brilliant in the rain . Maybe it was applied incorrectly ...I really don't know . I had SupaGuard applied on the Ioniq , inside and out , for £199 . I don't know if the mats were thrown in with the SupaGuard but I had them with the car . So far there aren't any marks showing on the Ioniq after three months , which is more than I can say for my last car

·
Registered
66 Posts
When (I know..) I get mine its getting "Always Dry 9H-LDC" applied.
We've had it done to the Wife's VW Up. She normally drives around town and I take it for a blast on the motorway whenever I can have a go in it. Wet weather on the motorway actually seems to clean it! :eek:
I would say the glass treatment is only worth it on more angled windscreens (like the ioniq) as the more upright one in the VW UP doesnt have as good an effect.

We got it in July/August time and we've only washed it twice since then because it hasn't looked like it's needed it.
My Bora on the other hand that I use autoglym on every month looks stinking within 2weeks...

I imagine it will cost around £350 to get an Ioniq done (bigger car than the Up!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts