Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if Bluelink is available via the web in the UK? I'm aware that it's possible to log into Owners Hyundai US in the US and send commands to the car. Is this possible in the UK?

Has anyone actually managed to create a My Hyundai UK account? It keeps saying vehicle not found for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anyone know if Bluelink is available via the web in the UK? I'm aware that it's possible to log into Owners Hyundai US in the US and send commands to the car. Is this possible in the UK?

Has anyone actually managed to create a My Hyundai UK account? It keeps saying vehicle not found for me.
BlueLink app works quite well on my iPhone 5s has a tendency to ask for the password though.
I have my Hyundai UK for what its worth running on my MacBook Air in Safari but as yet it seems to be BlueLink App which allows some elements of communication with car.
I may be wrong as I still have not got into dealing with the Infotainment and remote control of the car yet
Have you looked at your DVLA record on line for your car.
I seem to remember that BlueLink required the cars VIN to authenticate.

·
Registered
82 Posts

I kept getting vehicle not found too, so I rang the 0800 number and the lady that answered did everything for me while I was on the phone and I got a You‘re now registered email a few weeks later.

I didn’t know about using the weblink for Blulink tho... ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ca

I can’t login to the USA site using my UK credentials , do you need a USA account?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote from Hyundai Ireland "We don't actually have Bluelink for any of our models in the Irish market"..
Why not ? im asking when owners have it in the UK/USA...... ,im awaiting the reply

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote from Hyundai Ireland "We don't actually have Bluelink for any of our models in the Irish market"..
Why not ? im asking when owners have it in the UK/USA...... ,im awaiting the reply
Ah, good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I happy to tell you that Bluelink is definately available in the UK. Downside is it's seems to be a complete waste of effort. It only offers the ability to remotely open/close the doors and even that doen't work. Locks OK but won't open on mine. It may be dependent on what model you have what functionality is available. Mine is an Ionic premium se hybrid. With other models you may have more luck.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I happy to tell you that Bluelink is definately available in the UK. Downside is it's seems to be a complete waste of effort. It only offers the ability to remotely open/close the doors and even that doen't work. Locks OK but won't open on mine. It may be dependent on what model you have what functionality is available. Mine is an Ionic premium se hybrid. With other models you may have more luck.
It's kinda more orientated to the full electric. You can't unlock cars remotely due to UK regulation. I can preheat, check on charging and range etc. They are adding additional features soon. UK is not Ireland though only northern Ireland

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's kinda more orientated to the full electric. You can't unlock cars remotely due to UK regulation. I can preheat, check on charging and range etc. They are adding additional features soon. UK is not Ireland though only northern Ireland
I find the BlueLink app useful for getting a push notification on my phone when the PHEV has finished charging.
It's also quite good for finding where I left the car.:mad::).
Also used the function to load a destination into car.
However agree that it could provide a lot more information.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hyundai got back to me and confirmed that the the republic of Ireland isnt a big enough market for them to provide Bluelink , i referred them to their European Website and its mention of Bluelink , but they stated "the Irish Hyundai is not affiliated with the European website" or some waffle like this :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi @Metcast
Can you tell me which model Ioniq car you have? Is it first generation 28kWh or second gen 38kWh?
Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
My Hyudai only has car details on service history. You have no access too bluelink.
Blue link only works over mobile phones. Only new Ioniq have bluelink due to car having mobile data via built in sim card.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all, hello everyone. Ioniq EV owner to be once Hyundai start deliveries again!

I don't think the lack of unlocking in the UK is due to regulation as I've just handed back a Mercedes B Class which I could lock and unlock through the Mercedes Me app (and lock using Google Assistant which was always useful when your keys had been stolen by a toddler!).

Looking forward to playing with Bluelink. From experience with other manufacturers all apps have good bits and some sketchy features that never work as advertised!

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Premium SE PHEV
98 Posts

From UK if you telephone 0800 981981 they will get you sorted (eventually). They did for me, but there seems very little to this "Owner's Website". Just trying to sell you things I reckon. Probably best to forget it.
As for BlueLink I have had nothing but problems. I think it is possible that it is conflicting with my charge point app (OHME). Today BlueLink won't allow me to log in. I have finally uninstalled the Bluelink app. I reckon it is a USA thing and not understood in the UK. My dealer thinks it is rubbish. But there again I don't think my dealer is up to much either!

·
Registered
100 Posts
As Maxima says I have the My Hyundai account app installed and the car registered to it but after 3 or 4 uses I have found it little or no use. As for BlueLink the app is flakey and regularly crashes on my iPhone or annoyingly keep asking me to fully log in. The BlueLink app on the car got turned off when they serviced the car for a fault and I have not bothered to use it in the last 3 months. I can get all the charging information and control with my Zappi charger. Hyundai Ioniq is a great car to drive, just wish their web apps were a similar experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I managed to register a UK Bluelink account using the url on the registration card that came with my new (delivered 15 June) Kona EV. Entered details of the vehicle about 2 weeks ago - chassis number revealed under carpet flap in front of driver seat. Activated Blue Link on the car settings console. Have successfully used it to turn on aircon when a few minutes away from car and monitor charging status and previous journey statistics remotely. It usually but does not always update the car's current location on a map included in the app, even though the car clearly knows where it is based on the satnav and other remote status is updated so the car does have a mobile network signal. So I would not want to rely on it for finding where the car is parked if I'd forgotten this. If I go on a cheaper overnight electricity tariff the scheduled charging feature should help save on fuel costs even more, though given I get 1000 miles electric fuel for about £35 at 15p/KWh, halving that cost will save only about £200/year. I expect the app to be really useful for remotely deicing and warming the car during cold winter weather prior to driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there all
Hope you are well and keeping you and your family safe with the COVID, and help me I’ve got the Hyundai Ioniq SE Premium 2019 plate and Bluelink will not accept my VIN number

1 - 20 of 25 Posts