Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Ioniq Electric. I have never been able to activate bluelink and in the past haven't worried much about it, however with it getting cold out I would really like to have remote start. I try to activate Bluelink inside of the car and it just says "blue link programming in progress" and has a loading circle spin indefinitely. I have tried resetting the infotainment using the hidden reset button but that didn't help at all.

Where do I go from here? I do not have a very open schedule to be able to bring it to a dealer, so I would prefer not having to visit a dealership.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There's no bluelink on the 2016-2019 ioniq's unfortunately :(
I have a nov 2016 mod and would love to have it, even a third party one

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,473 Posts
The US and Korea had Bluelink before most other parts of the world. I think that it was only free in the US for the first three years that you owned the car however, so my best guess is that Hyundai corporate is no longer paying whichever phone company they were using to keep the internal SIM card alive. You likely have to ring up Hyundai and pay a yearly subscription fee to reactivate it and get the bits flowing again.

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,473 Posts
Oh ok, didn't realise it was different over there. Anyway another sim card can be added?
If so that's probably cheaper than paying Hyundai, but I don't recall seeing any posts on the internals of the US infotainment systems to know whether the SIM would be changeable or not. Somebody comfortable with taking their dashboard apart could probably find out though. :) I'm in Canada with a pre-Bluelink 2019 car, so it won't be me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts