Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone in the US having issues with climate start on a 2020 EV Limited? I can lock/unlock, check status, etc. But for some reason climate start doesn't work. I keep getting an error message and I've tried numerous times over a few days. I see the Blue Link app on iOS just updated a few days ago to include remote start presets (I can use those on my wife's 2018 Santa Fe fine)...thinking that might have caused a glitch. Just want to see if anyone else has issues before troubleshooting further (calling Bluelink?).

·
Registered
356 Posts
One thing to make sure of, are your doors locked? Without the doors locked, none of the remote start or climate functions work. Also, the remote functions are purely dependent on cellular service to your car. We know that can vary everywhere. My scheduled start with cooling worked great this AM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, doors are locked and cell signal is not an issue as other remote functions (lock, flash lights) work fine. I was able to start climate going through MyHyundai.com, but still nothing working with the app. I don’t do/need scheduled start times, so not sure if that works or not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is a little pin hole on the right side of your infotainment screen to reset your system. Just push the small button with a pen.

After that your ac should work from Bluelink

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that idea, no luck though. Still not working. An email to Hyundai customer service was less than helpful...just a generic reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing is happening in my 2019 Ioniq ev. Charging status and remote unlock still works but climate control always fails. Came to this forum to look for answers but it’s probably just a glitch with the new update. Hopefully they fix it soon!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called and spent 30 mins. on phone with Bluelink today, they opened a case for me and said they will forward to engineers to look at it. I'll update when/if I hear anything. Glad to know it's not just me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called and spent 30 mins. on phone with Bluelink today, they opened a case for me and said they will forward to engineers to look at it. I'll update when/if I hear anything. Glad to know it's not just me.
I have the same issue. Until they fix it, I have used my laptop on the 'myHyundai' site instead of the app and it seems to work. The only questionable behavior with this method is, when I open the car door, the climate control shuts off- maybe that's normal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Remote climate control on my 38kwh works through Bluelink. I have found open the driver door and it stops. Open the back door and it doesn't. Maybe it is programmed that if you are opening the driver door it is likely to be driving of so it resets itself before you start the car. The climate also does not work if the battery state of charge is around 20% I think.
Tell a lie, my car is currently at 11% and not plugged in. On second attempt remote climate control worked. I only let in run a few minutes before turning it off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am having issues since the last update, same as others. Email and call resulted in no real help. Reseting, reinstalling the app, all troubleshooting were a total waste of time. Opened a case, same as others, still no improvement. The app got progressively worse since a couple of updates ago. The fact that the owners. of new cars report that it works great seems to indicate either that there was a change in the system for the new vehicles or the company is not interested to provide this complimentary service as promised. Whatever the reason, this is frustrating especially when it's really hot outside and we would like to use the remote climate start. There might be different apps in other countries. I am referring to the latest US version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts