Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Since the new app update two days ago on 1/28 we can no longer remote start our ioniq ev. Is anyone else having this problem?

Registered
Mine failed this AM too. Since it just happened, I have not tested it to see if it was something else other than the ap. I tested the remote door unlock and light flash yesterday and it worked. I know I left the car unlocked last evening. Where I live in a rural area, sometimes it just does not get a signal. I will test it later today where I know cell reception is strong.

Attachments

Registered
I j
Mine failed this AM too. Since it just happened, I have not tested it to see if it was something else other than the ap. I tested the remote door unlock and light flash yesterday and it worked. I know I left the car unlocked last evening. Where I live in a rural area, sometimes it just does not get a signal. I will test it later today where I know cell reception is strong.
I just tried it in an area of good reception and it worked. So the app is fine. I only get 1 cell bar at home so sometimes where I park the car matters with remote control. Last night My wife took my "EV parking only" spot. It must be her fault. LOL!

I can tell it was "cell reception" related as the working notification shows an address and the failed notification did not.

Attachments

Registered
I will say, my unheated drive to work at 12 degrees F this morning was cold. It look quite a while, 10 miles, for the car to reach 73 inside. I had to keep it in recirc to speed the process. I do love morning warm up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
So the website works but app is still not working. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck. Support got back to me and told me to try reinstalling app so basically they are zero help.

Registered
Mine doesn't work anymore either. I can remotely lock and unlock, but not start. Nothing more frustrating than updates that make stuff worse. Loathsome.

Registered
I just got my car a week ago and the app has been hot trash since I tried it. The Android app reviews are all 1 star recently it seems so I am guessing it worked before but whatever recent update must have screwed it.

Climate settings show up blank
I have had the Schedule power on once and then crashed when I went to save it
Charging control shows up blank
Main page rarely shows my battery % (eventhough don't need that)

Hopefully they fix the app.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I have spoken with bluelink support today they requested that I try rebooting the head unit to see if it improves communication with the car. I am not confident it will do anything but will update the forum on the results. Just seems like who ever did the update did not do any quality checks. Support also asked if I contacted the dealer about the problem with app "Because they maybe able to help since the vehicle is all electric". I found that comment very weird.

Super Moderator
Did you try resetting by pressing with a paperclip 10 seconds in the small hole left from the Map button?

Registered
Tried this morning, worked as expected. The only strange things - it asked me to reset face ID in the application settings after I clicked "Submit". After I toggled "Face ID" switch in settings, it worked and I got confirmation that climate control is on.

Registered
Since the new app update two days ago on 1/28 we can no longer remote start our ioniq ev. Is anyone else having this problem?
Yes, i am having the exact same problem for my 2019 Ionic. My remote climate control was working fine, but after 1/28 it is not working anymore. I called the bluelink support line but they could not help. It is a big shame for Hyundai to have a critical feature failure after an app update! Plus the mobile app is not designed well, it is giving an error, saying sorry but telling nothing about the reason of the error! Too bad!

Registered
The remote start has always been a hit or miss event. I did notice though that it seems to work better if the doors on the car are locked. And the door lock and unlock always seem to work. Also I have found out if the car is not manually (in the car) started in 3-4 days, the bluelink stops to function. just my two cents.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
The remote start has always been a hit or miss event. I did notice though that it seems to work better if the doors on the car are locked. And the door lock and unlock always seem to work. Also I have found out if the car is not manually (in the car) started in 3-4 days, the bluelink stops to function. just my two cents.
For us the app worked very well minus the charge limit feature that was added but never worked. Then that update came and now we have to go to the site if we want to remote heat the car. I feel sorry for anyone that has to pay for bluelink since it seems so buggy for most.

Registered
tried mine today, whilst walking to shopping center to pick car up after 5 hours on free charger, sent command to turn heating on, worked a treat when I got ther 10 mins later car lovely and warm with still 100% charge!
Do have one question for you guys that had cars a while, how do you change distance to empty from km to miles on phone app? its miles on blue link in car!

Registered
Wow, just spoke with a nice but dim blue link tech online. She says the 2019 car doesn't come with remote start because it's electric. I explained that it used to work but stopped a couple weeks ago, she said she could see all the failed attempts but no successful ones. I used remote start all the time for two months, but she didn't believe me. Still she helped me reboot the head unit, still didn't work. Guess I just have to live without remote start anymore. A-holes!

Registered
She says the 2019 car doesn't come with remote start because it's electric.
I wonder if she did not realize that our remote start is basically just climate control for an EV. and the car is not actually started. I have noticed that many people in and out of the auto trade know very little about the working of EV cars. They all say the same things, what about range and it's the future of cars; oh and . . . I would not own one. The sales and service people at the dealership have not really even driven one before.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts