Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Premium SE Hybrid
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been all over the forum looking at the threads but can`t see for certain.

Is this feature available on my model? I know it`s not the greatest but just to have the ability to remotely lock the vehicle is all I`m after. Very handy.

But I can`t see any app/icon in the car so I presume it`s not available for me.

·
Registered
2017 Premium SE Hybrid
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks chunga68

·
Super Moderator
2,203 Posts
Wrong, I have 2019 model and I have it (and it's quite the only thing I can control with the bluelink app)
May have been on the late 2019 models after August 2019 when Hyundai announced they were offering it , but certainly not on the 2017 that the OP has " 28 August 2019 - Hyundai Motor is ready to enhance the driving experiences of its European customers by offering Bluelink Connected Car Services on all of its models. ".

As a general rule of thumb , it's only on the 2020 model in the UK at least

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Premium SE PHEV
141 Posts
I have BlueLink on my 2020 PHEV but remote features in the UK are restricted. For instance you can't warm the car up remotely. (which would be nice). However, you can send a destination to the SatNav. If someone else is driving the car I can always tell exactly where they are. Interesting !!! You can lock and unlock. Sometimes I think the whole thing is more trouble than it's worth. (You have to register, Log In etc.)

·
Registered
Ioniq Hybrid 2020 Preferred
43 Posts
I have BlueLink on my 2020 PHEV but remote features in the UK are restricted. For instance you can't warm the car up remotely. (which would be nice). However, you can send a destination to the SatNav. If someone else is driving the car I can always tell exactly where they are. Interesting !!! You can lock and unlock. Sometimes I think the whole thing is more trouble than it's worth. (You have to register, Log In etc.)
Here in Canada I would say it is very useful. You can turn on the heater, the steering wheel and defrosters, but mine does not have SatNav, which seems a cool thing to have.

·
Registered
2020 PHEV Phantom Black Preferred
30 Posts
Here in Canada I would say it is very useful. You can turn on the heater, the steering wheel and defrosters, but mine does not have SatNav, which seems a cool thing to have.
I confirm for the heater and defrost... But steering wheel isn't working even if listed in the app which mentions : "some of these features aren't available on some models"...

Reactions: blackfly

·
Registered
Ioniq Hybrid 2020 Preferred
43 Posts
I confirm for the heater and defrost... But steering wheel isn't working even if listed in the app which mentions : "some of these features aren't available on some models"...
Mine the steering wheel heater works. Perhaps a model thing? Odd....I thought it was a country thing...

·
Registered
2020 PHEV Phantom Black Preferred
30 Posts
Steering wheel heater is effectively working... first time today i enter my car while it was preheating and saw the button lighted-up..

Reactions: KevinT and blackfly

·
Registered
2020 hyundai ioniq
1 Posts
Been all over the forum looking at the threads but can`t see for certain.

Is this feature available on my model? I know it`s not the greatest but just to have the ability to remotely lock the vehicle is all I`m after. Very handy.

But I can`t see any app/icon in the car so I presume it`s not available for me.
I have a 2020 and I do not have it. I also do not have the charging station or Sirius XM. I assumed all 2020 Hyundai had all that, it was disappointing.

·
Registered
2019 FL Ioniq Hybrid
4 Posts
I have the Bluelink app with my late 2019 facelift Ioniq, but I do not have the remote climate control feature or engine start, I only have access to the door locking functions sadly.
From Hyundai France publication, I believe that the climate control feature had been locked to the all electric model here and that's a shame. I would love to have access to it during winter weather but also to have the possibility to activate AC in summer because of my dog. I've asked my dealership to ask Hyundai France if it's a possibility to extend those feature to Hybrid only model

1 - 12 of 12 Posts