Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After failing to find an api for the Bluelink app here in Europe. I've automated the button presses using Tasker so I just click a home shortcut and the app will automatically pre-heat the car. It should be straight-forward to connect this action to other things e.g. Google Assistant/Alex command, Weather, Calendar events, Text messages etc.

Has anyone else done this? Interested to hear other people's experiences/thoughts.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey! care to elaborate on this? what does tasker do exactly? and how do you " connect " to your car with it remotly?
I can connect to my car remotely with the new BlueLink app - allows you to lock, unlock, start/stop charging, start/stop air conditioning, see battery status and charge status.

I was looking for a way to command the Bluelink app in other ways - using Google Assistant or through my laptop. I couldn't find anything and resorted to using Tasker - it's an app that can basically automate anything you wanna do on your phone. Right now I have created a Task that will open the Bluelink app and press all the right buttons to pre-heat my car.

What it means is you don't have to get through the screens, login etc. every time you want to pre-heat, you just press one button and it does the rest for you. The way Tasker works is that you can connect that Task to anything else so I could get it trigger with anything else

Hope that clears things up! Unfortunately, this is specific to the 38kWh model

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would definitely be interested in Alexa integration.
It's currently officially supported in the US but Hyundai Europe App person said they don't know when it'll be available in the UK.

In the meantime, I'd suggest setting up Tasker and integrating it with Alexa. Happy to post some steps here when you get your car.

Only downside is that you'll have to have the screen unlocked on your phone to do it (probably a way of bypassing this too). The upside is that you don't have to keep telling Alexa your PIN which is the case in the official integration in the US.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a mixture of devices.

Could this be done using:

• iOS devices.
  • Nvidia Shield.
  • Logitech Harmony Hub.
  • Various Alexa devices.
  • 7th Gen Fire 7 HD tablet.
Cheers.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a mixture of devices.

Could this be done using:

• iOS devices.
  • Nvidia Shield.
  • Logitech Harmony Hub.
  • Various Alexa devices.
  • 7th Gen Fire 7 HD tablet.
Cheers.
Probably all except Harmony Hub and iOS devices!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts