Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
does the Bluelink enable turning on the climate control when the car is not charging in the new 2020 model?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to the website no.
"Whilst plugged in, you can schedule your charging
and desired interior temperature based on departure
time. You can also see the status of your charge and
defrost your car on chilly mornings. "

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think so. If you look at the Bluelink adverts it shows hybrid cars and even the EV being heated without being plugged in

According to the website no.
"Whilst plugged in, you can schedule your charging
and desired interior temperature based on departure
time. You can also see the status of your charge and
defrost your car on chilly mornings. "
Is that referring to bluelink or just general pre-conditioning feature?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was reading the same thing on our local Web site, that is why I'm wondering. Perhaps one of the new owners can tell us first hand.

·
Registered
Ioniq hybrid 2020 model
1 Posts
I've recently picked a up new Ioniq Hybrid, and love tell you, however I haven't been able to get access to the MyHyundai APP (eu Bluelink App) to work!

Would anyone know how to get this mobile app to work, every time I try and launch it, I get "network error" telling me to turn off airplane mode, which isn't enabled.

I have a slight issues with my android phone, its Huawei P40 series, which doesn't have access to Google Play or Google Services!

Is there anyway I can get in to bluelink so I can confirm this question?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai IONIQ Electric Premium
786 Posts
I've recently picked a up new Ioniq Hybrid, and love tell you, however I haven't been able to get access to the MyHyundai APP (eu Bluelink App) to work!

Would anyone know how to get this mobile app to work, every time I try and launch it, I get "network error" telling me to turn off airplane mode, which isn't enabled.

I have a slight issues with my android phone, its Huawei P40 series, which doesn't have access to Google Play or Google Services!

Is there anyway I can get in to bluelink so I can confirm this question?
What version APK did you install? 1.5.1 is on the playstore now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What version of the app and how did you get a copy if not through Google play.
Have you created a Bluelink account? Is there any screens in the background or just a blue background?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have you got an older phone that has Google connectivity that you can try to see if you can connect?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 38KW Ioniq (UK) and back to original question, The scheduled (no manual intervention) climate option only works when car is plugged in as stated. However, Bluelink allows you to remotely start the climate control along with others (like defrost and heated steering wheel) manually, remotely while not connected.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with the full electric being able to start remote climate control being able to start when not plugged in. That was answered within the first few replies of this thead
And yes this should have been a new thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you enabled the functionality on the car itself? I initially got errors trying to connect with bluelink but then discovered the car had to be set up first.

On a side note, anyone know why the heated seats can't be remote controlled?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi everyone,
does the Bluelink enable turning on the climate control when the car is not charging in the new 2020 model?
Thanks
Sometimes there are some differences between models from different countries. The US version works as it should, whether plugged in or not. However, the Bluelink app is very unstable. Whenever I use remote starting it changes my regen settings to default. If I use it while sitting in the car it disables my keyless start and I have to push the fob against the start button. I have complained about it but Hyundai refuses to correctly address the issue. Every update is usually buggier than the previous one. I consider this a major failure in a car that is otherwise flawless. I have the lower trim level 2019.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts