Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange thing happened with BlueLink today.
Car connected automatically with the BlueLink call centre, I had a quick discussion with charming lady and said I had not activated the emergency call and she cancelled the call.
The only thing that I can think of, is that I had sat in the car park of the local hospital having dropped a friend at a clinic.
Nice day, so I sat in the car with the doors not locked and got a push notification on the phone saying car was unlocked.
Friend called to say collect me from the clinic.
Started to drive to clinic pickup area and that was when the Blue Link connected with the control centre.
Any one else had this happen?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,070 Posts
No, but that's interesting. I wonder what condition has to exist for bluelink to call automatically when it's a non-emergency. I'm pretty sure it's only supposed to call if it detects an accident or you hit the SoS button, both of those are emergency. I think, if you're car is not equipped with nav, you can hit a button to have them give you directions too and if the car is equipped with nav, that button just asks you to speak your destination and it does a voice search for it. I might be wrong though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Thanks the SOS button is in the roof lining on my car and I certainly had not touched it, but the green and red leds on the button had come on.
I had stopped suddenly, about an hour previously as about to miss my turn to the hospital, I wonder if this was a delayed reaction to just a hard braking incident about an hour earlier

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More happened today.
Car 12volt battery only had enough charge to unlock the doors and after that car totally unresponsive.
Hyundai Roadside Assist diagnosed 12 V battery flat but car could be jump started.
However with everything off the battery drain was about 1Amp so It was jump started started and driven to Dealers to examine when they have engineers to spare.
Waiting on a courtesy car to be delivered.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Hyundai Ioniq plugin hybrid does not seem to have a reset batter charge button as shown in the videos, which show how to start a drained or dead 12V battery. has this gizmo been removed from UK models?

·
Super Moderator
1,970 Posts
My Hyundai Ioniq plugin hybrid does not seem to have a reset batter charge button as shown in the videos, which show how to start a drained or dead 12V battery. has this gizmo been removed from UK models?
It's on the 2020 Hybrid Premium , seems strange that they'd not have it on the PHEV . Just had a look at the manual and the PHEV doesn't seem to have the battery reset ...weird

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks chunga68
Thats very strange, AA Hyundai Road Side Assist did not know where such a button was and jump started it from the lugs in terminal box and chassis under the bonnet.
Comment by AA is do not try to jump or power the 12v battery from the battery terminals. At least I know where to clip into under the bonnet now.
It looks like with the sanitisation needs now being needed, the Dealer is waiting 72 hours before starting on repairs so the virus is no longer viable on the vehicles surfaces, which makes sense.
It does mean that with that drain on the 12volt battery that when the service department come to move it on Monday the battery should be well and truly flat.
At leat it is unlikely it will get driven away over the weekend

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to complete the thread.
Dealer Richmond Motors Portsmouth UK) did a fantastic job of repairing the car while the UK is in lockdown due to the world wide virus.
It appears that there had been some loss of contact to the wiring connectors in the dashboard and infotainment system. probably aggravated when I had to sharply brake. All done under warranty.
Glad to have my Ioniq back as the loan car a brand new BMW 320i sport was cramped driving position and unintuitive to drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts