Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Blind Spot Detection option in the Driver Settings menu is greyed out. Can anybody advise me as to why this may be?

I've not had the car long but I've tried or experienced just about every other safety feature on the car. The only thing that I haven't seen working is Blind Spot Detection. There don't appear to be any warning/error messages and I believe it should be standard on a UK spec Premium SE Hybrid.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This was just a test to see if you could spot that I'm stupid. I've found a switch on the panel below the steering wheel and switched it on. :eek:

I suspect it will now work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also if you get an LKAS warning where it shuts and displays "Check LKAS System" message push the button below the steering wheel to re-enable it, normally happens in bad weather in poor light from what I have seen
Thanks for the tip. I'm sure I've still got lots to learn. That's half the fun, isn't it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys,

I just had my first longer drive in the IONIQ Hybrid.

I have noticed, that the blind spot detection on the passenger side only works up to about 110 km/h. If you drive faster then that, the blind spot detection will not work on the passengers side for some reason. Driver side works fine. Once I go slower, the passenger side starts working again. Have any of you notice this? I guess it is meant to work this way by Hyundai, but not sure why. It is nice to have once you overtake some cars, and try to get back into your lane, but kind of senseless if it is not working past 110 km/h.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have noticed, that the blind spot detection on the passenger side only works up to about 110 km/h. If you drive faster then that, the blind spot detection will not work on the passengers side for some reason. Driver side works fine.
That better not be the case here! I'll have to check that out on a test drive when I can. Our highway speeds are 75-80mph. That'd literally make that feature useless for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Isn't this normal behavior? When your speed is much faster than a car you pass, than it is not showing it but only when you put on your turn signal light it should. It would be annoying if it should blink every time you pass a parked or slow driving car. When a faster car approaches you at whatever side it should always work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nimo_be is right. Cars which are slower than you are not detected or warned about because they are no hazard to you. As you said, once you slow down, you are warned, because cars on your passenger side are becoming a threat to you again. I'm pretty sure that's the reason why you think the BSD isn't working properly on the passenger side.

·
Registered
776 Posts
In my Ioniq hybrid Premium (NL) I noticed that the passenger side BSD also works when you pass a bicycle or scooter and you intend to turn right. The BSD signal in the passenger mirror lights up to warn you for the bicycle although its speed is lower than yours. Especially in crowdy city traffic this can be very useful. So its not a fixed rule for BSD to only work when your speed is lower than the vehicle passing.

·
Registered
166 Posts
does the Hybrid Premium get it in the UK? i don't recall seeing it on mine.

i've got it on the Tucson and was puzzled by when it should and shouldn't work. however it is fail safe. it warns when ever you try to turn into something, which is great, especially at night.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whew. Thanks. I had the EXACT same issue. Your solution caused me to go look at, yup, pushed the button to turn it back on. Thanks for your help and for sharing the solution.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for this,
This was just a test to see if you could spot that I'm stupid. I've found a switch on the panel below the steering wheel and switched it on. :eek:

I suspect it will now work.
I have a Hybrid 18 plate SE so I better check if I have it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts