Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the hybrids it's BiXenon and on the Electric it's LED for the headlights. Which actually gives out the better light? I would think BiXenon as it's a more proven technology but it's only a guess. Really needs someone who has tried out both a hybrid and full electric. Do you also think if the LED was far superior that it could be a bolt off bolt on swap if one got the LED housings etc from parts department? Appreciate it may not be financially viable.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I believe that LED lights are the better in terms of penetration and light quality. They are fairly established technology already. Laser lighting is now the new LED lighting in terms of new tech.

having said that, bixenon are perfectly good.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think the Xenon lights have more 'stray' light. This way you can see the reflecting traffic signs better, but it can be more annoying to oncoming traffic at times. Led lights are more a straight ray and you will notice that traffic signs and street name signs are harder to see in the dark.

My pictures of the HEV are here:
http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/218-hyundai-ioniq-hybrid/2921-photos-lights-night-2.html
Maybe someone with an EV can do someting similar.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, both variants aren't perfect. The bi-xenon only use 25W bulbs so they don't need a automatic hight adjustment and cleaning device like they have to be used with 35W bulbs.
On the other hand the LEDs are only low beam. High beam has halogen.
So, maybe LED has a slight advantage in low beam but at high beam Xenon may be ahead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts